Happy to have more responsibilities

• Thread starter rootX
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of taking on more responsibilities, such as caring for valuable possessions or making promises to help others. The speakers discuss their personal feelings and approach towards these responsibilities, with one person mentioning the importance of clarifying potential problems and the other expressing a dislike for taking on extra responsibilities. They also touch upon the satisfaction and sense of well-being that comes from fulfilling promises and succeeding in positions of responsibility. Overall, they agree that while making promises should not be taken lightly, once made, they should be fulfilled.

Do you feel happy/comfortable to make promises or take responsibilities on average?

• Yes

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
rootX
Do you feel comfortable or happy to have more responsibilities e.g. taking care of someone's valuable possession or making a promise like helping someone getting a job? I always clarify the problems that might develop when making any promise or taking additional responsibilities.

Physics news on Phys.org

Clarifying any problems that might arise is part of the responsibility though, making and keeping promises is good, fills you with an enormous sense of well being.

I usually avoid taking responsibility, only if someone close asked/begged me, or if someone being treated unfairly [regarding job/school/whatever] I will do whatever I can, and if it's done, I don't feel happy as much as I feel satisfied... Heck I do sound like him! And I keep nagging about his attitude!

Last edited:

I hate taking on responsibilities beyond myself or making promises. Unfortunatly, or fortunatly I suppose, I tend to end up being put into positions of responsibility and I tend to do well and succeed.

I don't like to take additional responsibilities,that shouldn't be my responsibilities.It seems like we shouldn't make a promise facilely,but once we make,we should do it.

FAQ: Happy to have more responsibilities

What does it mean to have more responsibilities?

Having more responsibilities means that you have been given additional tasks or duties to fulfill in your role or position. This could include managing a team, making important decisions, or taking on more complex projects.

Why is it important to be happy with having more responsibilities?

Being happy with having more responsibilities is important because it allows you to approach them with a positive mindset and a sense of motivation. This can lead to increased productivity, growth, and development in your career.

What are some benefits of having more responsibilities?

Having more responsibilities can bring a sense of fulfillment and purpose to your work. It can also lead to opportunities for advancement, as well as the development of new skills and experiences.

How can I prepare myself for taking on more responsibilities?

To prepare yourself for taking on more responsibilities, you can start by setting clear goals and priorities, improving your time management skills, and seeking out additional training or resources to help you succeed in your new role.

How can I maintain a positive attitude while juggling more responsibilities?

Maintaining a positive attitude while juggling more responsibilities can be achieved by practicing self-care, seeking support from colleagues or mentors, and focusing on the growth and learning opportunities that come with taking on new challenges.