Hartley Receiver and MATLAB Simulink

In summary, the conversation discusses a new student's experience with a MATLAB assignment on the Hartley Receiver phenomena using Simulink. The student shares their attempt at a solution and asks for help identifying any mistakes. Another student offers to share their answer and the conversation ends with a request for the answer as well.
eric336

Homework Statement

I am totally new to MATLAB. My lecturer wasn't aware of that and just gave us an assignment about explaining the phenomena Hartley Receiver using Simulink.

Homework Equations

The diagram is attached as first picture.
Using Simulink, prove that the image signal is alleviated at the output.
Given that input signal, x (t ) = ARF cos(wRFt) + Aim cos(wimt)

The Attempt at a Solution

The second picture is what I constructed, looks kinda stupid but yeah, can anyone point the mistakes?
[URL]http://img810.imageshack.us/i/45476004.jpg/[/URL]

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 613
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 681
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Anyone help please.

i have an answer..pm me for more info

sharula said:
i have an answer..pm me for more info

can i get the answer too? my lecturer give me the same assignment..tq

As a scientist, it is important to acknowledge when we are new to a subject and seek help or clarification when needed. It is also important to communicate effectively with our lecturers and express any concerns or difficulties we may have with assignments.

In regards to the assignment about explaining the Hartley Receiver using Simulink, it is important to first understand the concepts and equations involved in the Hartley Receiver. This includes understanding the input signal, x(t), which is a combination of two signals: the carrier signal (ARF cos(wRFt)) and the information signal (Aim cos(wimt)).

Using Simulink, you can create a model to simulate the Hartley Receiver and show the alleviation of the image signal at the output. However, it is important to ensure that your model accurately represents the equations and concepts involved in the Hartley Receiver. This may require further research and understanding of the topic.

In regards to the model you have constructed, it is difficult to determine any mistakes without knowing the specific details and equations used. It is important to carefully check your model and ensure that it accurately represents the input signal and the processes involved in the Hartley Receiver.

In conclusion, as a scientist, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the concepts and equations involved in a topic before attempting to simulate it using a software like Simulink. It is also important to communicate any difficulties or concerns with your lecturer and seek further clarification or assistance if needed.

FAQ: Hartley Receiver and MATLAB Simulink

1. What is a Hartley receiver and how does it work?

A Hartley receiver is a type of radio receiver that is used to tune in to radio frequency signals. It works by using a tuned circuit, which consists of an inductor and a capacitor, to select the desired frequency. The inductor and capacitor create a resonant circuit, which amplifies the desired frequency and filters out unwanted frequencies.

2. What are the advantages of using a Hartley receiver?

One of the main advantages of a Hartley receiver is its simplicity. It only requires a small number of components and can be easily constructed. Additionally, it has a wide bandwidth, making it suitable for receiving a range of frequencies. It also has high sensitivity, allowing it to pick up weak signals.

3. How is MATLAB Simulink used in conjunction with a Hartley receiver?

MATLAB Simulink is a simulation software commonly used in the field of engineering. It can be used to simulate the behavior of a Hartley receiver and analyze its performance. This can help in designing and optimizing the receiver for specific applications.

4. What are some applications of the Hartley receiver?

The Hartley receiver is commonly used in AM radio broadcasting, as well as in various communication systems such as telephones and telegraphs. It can also be used in scientific equipment, such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers.

5. How does the Hartley receiver compare to other types of radio receivers?

Compared to other types of receivers, such as the Armstrong regenerative receiver or the superheterodyne receiver, the Hartley receiver is relatively simple and inexpensive. However, it may not have the same level of performance in terms of selectivity and image rejection. The choice of receiver will depend on the specific application and requirements.

Back