Has anyone studied Equilibrium thermodynamics by CJ Adkin?

In Summary, you asked for help with Equilibrium Thermodynamics, which is an oxymoron, but you didn't provide any specific questions.
Nasbah BM
I was hoping if anyone has studied it ,I might get help especially regarding its exercise.

Science news on Phys.org
I have not, but I have to make the comment here ... Isn't "Equilibrium Thermodynamics" a bit of an oxymoron?

I guess but it mainly discusses laws of thermodynamics carnot engine etc

So, what's your question? Do you not want any help from anyone else except those who have used CJ Adkin?

Actually em studying this book now a days and i understand the theory but when it comes to questions , its hard to understand and proceed. hoping may be because of concepts I am not getting it . Want to clear my concepts . :)

Well, if you want meaningful help here you have to ask specific questions. Conceptual questions or clarifications about thermodynamics are OK in this forum if they're really basic, or in the Classical Physics forum if they're more advanced. Questions about specific exercises belong in one of the "Homework and Coursework Questions" forums.

Last edited:
Likes Chestermiller
Nasbah BM said:
Actually em studying this book now a days and i understand the theory but when it comes to questions , its hard to understand and proceed. hoping may be because of concepts I am not getting it . Want to clear my concepts . :)

You posted this on Monday, and by Thursday, you STILL have not provided any concise description of what exactly is the nature of your problem.

Here's how to use this forum, since you are new here:

1. Don't ask to ask! Just ask! Find the appropriate forum, as instructed by jtbell, and ASK AWAY!

2. Don't beat around the bush. 4 full days since you posted the first post in this thread, and it still hasn't gotten out of first base and has gone nowhere. This is a waste of time and patience.

3. Ask something specific! Don't just ask for whole lessons that are covered in class or in textbooks. That is not the most effective way to use a forum like this.

4. Don't just say that you don't understand. What exactly don't you understand? Where exactly did you stop understanding? You must understand something! Go back to where you understand stuff, and then trace where this understanding stopped. Then tell us that point. This shows us what you know, and what you don't, so that the explanation given can build ON TOP of what you do know! Otherwise, we might tell you something you can't comprehend, and we have to keep retreating and retracing the steps. I find such practice very aggravating very quickly.

5. Tell us exactly what you have attempted. Telling us "I don't know where to start" or "I don't know how to solve this" tells us nothing on what you do know and where you got stuck.

6. Be concise, precise, and descriptive. In this post alone, I've typed more than what you've typed in all your previous posts in this thread combined!

Zz.

Likes micromass, rumborak, jerromyjon and 1 other person
My apologies ! and sorry I am actually new here . I will be careful and precise next time, should I remove my post from here?

Nasbah BM said:
My apologies ! and sorry I am actually new here . I will be careful and precise next time, should I remove my post from here?
No. But, if you have any specific questions, please start new threads.

OK, Sure n thanks

Related to Has anyone studied Equilibrium thermodynamics by CJ Adkin?

1. What is Equilibrium Thermodynamics?

Equilibrium thermodynamics is the study of the relationships between different forms of energy and the laws that govern their transformation and exchange in a system at equilibrium.

2. Who is CJ Adkins?

CJ Adkins, also known as Cyril John Adkins, was a British physicist and mathematician who made significant contributions to the field of thermodynamics.

3. What are some key concepts in Equilibrium Thermodynamics?

Some key concepts in equilibrium thermodynamics include entropy, energy, temperature, and heat transfer. These concepts are used to describe the behavior of systems at equilibrium and how they change when energy is added or removed.

4. How did CJ Adkins contribute to the study of Equilibrium Thermodynamics?

CJ Adkins is best known for his book, "Equilibrium Thermodynamics," which is considered a classic in the field. He also made significant contributions to the understanding of heat transfer and thermodynamic cycles.

5. Why is the study of Equilibrium Thermodynamics important?

The study of equilibrium thermodynamics is important because it helps us understand the fundamental principles of energy and how they apply to various systems. This knowledge has practical applications in fields such as engineering, chemistry, and physics.