Have I seen the layers of parallel universes.

In summary, a forum member shares their experience of seeing layered clouds in the sky and asks if it is evidence of parallel universes. Another member responds, stating that it is highly speculative and not related to physics. The original poster clarifies that they simply want to learn and the discussion continues with the second member welcoming them to the forum and explaining the difficulty in distinguishing between genuine curiosity and belief in the paranormal.
datacloud
Hi, this is my first post on this forum so let me start by saying that I am not well versed in physics or science but I do have a real connection to the nature of the planet and also have awareness of the un-nature that is escalating. I want to relate an experience that I had recently and I want somebody to tell me if it was real or imaginary.

I was in the New Forest, It was a fine day, the sun was at mid-point in its passage and there were a few clouds in the sky. It was the clouds that made me aware of this phenomenon because they seemed to be peeping out of many different layers in the sky. That is the tops were light and fluffy as usual but the lower parts just were a curved line indicating that the lower part was only viewable in a different dimension. This layering of 'parallel universes?' was only visible ahead of the sun and the area of sky through which it had passed showed no signs of layering. Please excuse my ignorance on the subject but can anybody tell me if what I was seeing was purely freak conditions or real. Thanks.

Space news on Phys.org
datacloud said:
Hi, this is my first post on this forum so let me start by saying that I am not well versed in physics or science but I do have a real connection to the nature of the planet and also have awareness of the un-nature that is escalating. I want to relate an experience that I had recently and I want somebody to tell me if it was real or imaginary.

I was in the New Forest, It was a fine day, the sun was at mid-point in its passage and there were a few clouds in the sky. It was the clouds that made me aware of this phenomenon because they seemed to be peeping out of many different layers in the sky. That is the tops were light and fluffy as usual but the lower parts just were a curved line indicating that the lower part was only viewable in a different dimension. This layering of 'parallel universes?' was only visible ahead of the sun and the area of sky through which it had passed showed no signs of layering. Please excuse my ignorance on the subject but can anybody tell me if what I was seeing was purely freak conditions or real. Thanks.
I have no idea what you were seeing (light plays funny tricks), but this is a physics forum and to suggest that what you saw is evidence of parallel universes probably falls under the heading of highly speculative personal opinion.

I realize you're new here, but I do suggest that you read the forum rules.

If this sounds a bit harsh, I do not mean it to. If you're interested in learning about physics, this is a great place, I'm just pointing out that your post doesn't sound like physics even though you may well have thought that it did.

EDIT: actually that was a bit of a stupid statement. Asking about how light works IS physiscs. It was the "parallel universes" that got me to ranting a bit.

Thanks Phinds for your observations and I do see where you are coming from. You are quite right about my post being speculative, of course it is and let's face it, the entire subject of parallel universes is speculative. Has anybody come up with any solid evidence to prove or disprove what is essentially theory based? Let me just say that the phenomenon that I witnessed looked fully in accord with the possibility of numerous dimensional layers. All I am trying to do is ask the question from people far more informed than me if there is any substance or possible correlation to other reported phenomenon. All that you really had to say was "Sorry old chap, what you witnessed must have been some kind of light illusion and that there are no other recordings of similar sightings." The fact that I am here should be taken as clear indication that I want to learn and your reply seems to indicate that you do not wish to inform.

You're experience doesn't seem to indicate at all anything about another universe. I don't see the connection Mr. OP.

datacloud said:
Thanks Phinds for your observations and I do see where you are coming from. You are quite right about my post being speculative, of course it is and let's face it, the entire subject of parallel universes is speculative. Has anybody come up with any solid evidence to prove or disprove what is essentially theory based? Let me just say that the phenomenon that I witnessed looked fully in accord with the possibility of numerous dimensional layers. All I am trying to do is ask the question from people far more informed than me if there is any substance or possible correlation to other reported phenomenon. All that you really had to say was "Sorry old chap, what you witnessed must have been some kind of light illusion and that there are no other recordings of similar sightings." The fact that I am here should be taken as clear indication that I want to learn and your reply seems to indicate that you do not wish to inform.

Actually, I thought my post was QUITE friendly. If you thought it was UNFRIENDLY you may have a problem here. This is a great forum to learn but it's not really for the thin-skinned. If you feel that I "do not wish to inform" perhaps you should check out some of my other posts.

Welcome to physics forums! This certainly is a great place to learn with thousands of users who are keen to teach.

Part of the problem here is that we get many people come to the site proclaiming to have experienced or have arguments for the existence of the paranormal. Often it is hard to distinguish the crazy from the curious.

Regarding your observation; there is currently no evidence that other universes exist however there is on going research. No theory I have ever heard of predicts anything like you observe.

Lastly I would like to share some advice, when you observe a phenomenon that you are curious about it is best to ask both yourself and others "what is X?" rather than propose an overly speculative explanation. This will help by not colouring your or anyone else's perception and not put off people from answering your question.

Ryan_m_b said:
Welcome to physics forums! This certainly is a great place to learn with thousands of users who are keen to teach.

Part of the problem here is that we get many people come to the site proclaiming to have experienced or have arguments for the existence of the paranormal. Often it is hard to distinguish the crazy from the curious.

Regarding your observation; there is currently no evidence that other universes exist however there is on going research. No theory I have ever heard of predicts anything like you observe.

Lastly I would like to share some advice, when you observe a phenomenon that you are curious about it is best to ask both yourself and others "what is X?" rather than propose an overly speculative explanation. This will help by not colouring your or anyone else's perception and not put off people from answering your question.
Thanks Ryan. What is the force that I recently experienced along the KIngs Barrows at Stonehenge recently that acted like a magnet to my body and prevented me from walking. It was literally as though I was wearing steel boots and walking on a magnet. It was a struggle to extricate myself and my legs turned to jelly. Just to verify to you physicists that this is a real experience a later blood test showed that my CK levels were extremely high indicating muscle trauma.

Last edited:
Hi datacloud. You sound like a mysticism prone individual, and that's fine. I just wanted to tell you that Nature is a very fair player. Laws are the same in each and every corner of this universe. Every observed phenomena can be measured and replicated on any place.
So, you were either dead tired, or walking on some sticky stuff. Furthermore, you are in completely wrong forum. If you have more of this experiences you want to share, you can try in Scepticism & Debunking subsection of this site.

Ryan_m_b said:
Regarding your observation; there is currently no evidence that other universes exist however there is on going research.

Ryan, I miss read this as "there is currently no evidence that our universe exist(s) however there is on going research". Still laughing.

datacloud said:
Thanks Ryan. What is the force that I recently experienced along the KIngs Barrows at Stonehenge recently that acted like a magnet to my body and prevented me from walking. It was literally as though I was wearing steel boots and walking on a magnet. It was a struggle to extricate myself and my legs turned to jelly. Just to verify to you physicists that this is a real experience a later blood test showed that my CK levels were extremely high indicating muscle trauma.
Just to let you know this site isn't just for physicists. It may not be as big as the physics section but we do have an other sciences section, I for example am a biologist. High creatine kinase can be indicative of a multitude of things. I take it that you got it tested by a doctor? What did they say?

Without more information it's not possible for me or anyone else to give you an answer. All we can do is suggest possibilities but ultimately the answer is "I don't know". This happens a lot in both science and the real world, when confronted with a phenomenon with no apparent explanation the only honest answer is "I don't know". That's not to say there isn't an answer nor to say that one of the possibilities isn't correct but without enough information no one can be sure. One important thing to remember though is that no unknown ever counts as evidence for the unevidenced i.e there is no known evidence for other universes and no evidence for how they could manifest in the manner described and an unexplained phenomenon is not evidence for this.
Calimero said:
Ryan, I miss read this as "there is currently no evidence that our universe exist(s) however there is on going research". Still laughing.
:smile:

data cloud: It is common under certain weather conditions to see white clouds with fluffy tops and flat bottoms. The bottoms of these clouds are actually on a temperature difference layer. As you look into the distance it appears they are "sitting" on some invisible surface at the same altitude. If you study the science of weather you will find this explained. It is NOT a layering of parallel universes.

Thank you to BobbyWhy for your answer. Does this explain why the phenomenon occurred only in the direction of the setting sun?

In reply to Ryan m b, and I do apologise for creating two threads in one, please forgive that, yes, of course the blood tests were conducted by medical professionals. At the time that the sample was taken I had fears of muscular dystrophy because my legs and arms kept giving up on me. I lost the ability to control my limb movement. Immediately after the event I could not even turn the keys in my car to get it started. By the time that the tests came back I had recovered full functionality. I have been back to the same place to see if I could see anything but the only thing that I could find, and this is quite chilling, is a wreath of some age by a tree very close to where I had been.

datacloud said:
In reply to Ryan m b, and I do apologise for creating two threads in one, please forgive that, yes, of course the blood tests were conducted by medical professionals. At the time that the sample was taken I had fears of muscular dystrophy because my legs and arms kept giving up on me. I lost the ability to control my limb movement. Immediately after the event I could not even turn the keys in my car to get it started. By the time that the tests came back I had recovered full functionality. I have been back to the same place to see if I could see anything but the only thing that I could find, and this is quite chilling, is a wreath of some age by a tree very close to where I had been.

This is obviously something you should keep chasing up and hopefully your doctors will come up with some answers. As for the wreath as has already been said in this thread I get the feeling you are a very mystic orientated person. Because of this you may be subject to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias" i.e. you have some preconceptions relating to the supernatural and when an unexplained phenomenon occurs you will notice what you believe are artefacts of the supernatural more than anything else.

One of the biggest strengths of the scientific method is to acknowledge and strive against fallacies like this. Because of this when conducting scientific inquiry it is important not to make any prejudgements and instead research all that is currently known through http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer_review" research to come up with an appropriate hypothesis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan_m_b said:
This is obviously something you should keep chasing up and hopefully your doctors will come up with some answers. As for the wreath as has already been said in this thread I get the feeling you are a very mystic orientated person. Because of this you may be subject to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias" i.e. you have some preconceptions relating to the supernatural and when an unexplained phenomenon occurs you will notice what you believe are artefacts of the supernatural more than anything else.

One of the biggest strengths of the scientific method is to acknowledge and strive against fallacies like this. Because of this when conducting scientific inquiry it is important not to make any prejudgements and instead research all that is currently known through http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer_review" research to come up with an appropriate hypothesis.

Well I have to say that you are both right and wrong in your assessment. Right in your perception of the mystical aspect but then again wrong in so much as I am a complete sceptic. This is my dilemma. This is precisely why I am referring my very real experiences to a community that deals in fact. I want to know if there are perfectly scientifically proven explanations so that I can take away the questions that are nagging me for answers. I actually would love you to satisfy me with answers so that I can put things to bed and move on. The fact that that has not happened deepens my fear that we just have not got a handle on all directed intelligence in the universe and that is manifesting around us now.

I do promise you that my agenda is not to hoax the scientific world. I consider myself to be honest to a fault and if ever I mislead or misrepresent it is never intentional. I am sure that you get plenty of that. Everything that I post here in terms of real experience is 100% true and accurate. I do admit to offering my own admittedly, uneducated point of view which I have already been told off about so I will try to refrain from repetition, I am honestly looking for answers to phenomena that are part of my life experience. And i re-iterate, I am not a nutter but a perfectly grounded individual who it seems like has been chosen to discover something new. THe abscence of explanations to any of my posts does seem to indicate that, but I have no wish to be seen as special. I want everybody to be aware of what has been made apparent to me.[/I]

Last edited by a moderator:
What you have to understand is that if there is no answer, there is not answer. If we cannot provide you with explanations you should not assume that this adds anything to the un-evidenced ideas of the supernatural. Statements like "directed intelligence in the universe" show that you have preconceived supernatural beliefs that until you shake through the adoption of rational thinking you will not get the answers you need. I'm going to lock this thread for now, if there are any specific natural phenomenon you are curious about (e.g. cloud layering) feel free to ask in the appropriate forum.

Just remember though there is no evidence for the supernatural. Approach each observation without any sort of prejudice that it may be a revelation of the mystic and you will find the experience so much more rewarding.

Related to Have I seen the layers of parallel universes.

1. What are parallel universes?

Parallel universes, also known as parallel dimensions or alternate realities, are hypothetical universes or dimensions that exist alongside our own. It is theorized that every possible outcome of a situation exists in its own parallel universe.

2. How do scientists study parallel universes?

There is currently no scientific evidence to support the existence of parallel universes, so it is not possible to study them directly. However, scientists use theories such as quantum mechanics and string theory to explore the possibility of parallel universes and their potential effects on our own universe.

3. Can we see the layers of parallel universes?

No, it is not possible to see or physically observe parallel universes. As mentioned, their existence is still just a theory and there is no way to directly interact with them.

4. Are there infinite parallel universes?

Some theories suggest that there could be an infinite number of parallel universes, while others propose a finite number or even just one parallel universe. The true answer is currently unknown and may never be definitively proven.

5. Is it possible to travel to a parallel universe?

At this time, there is no known way to travel to a parallel universe. The concept of interdimensional travel is purely theoretical and has not been proven to be possible. However, science and technology are constantly advancing, so it is impossible to say what may be possible in the future.