Having difficulty in solving the equation

• MHB
  • Thread starter gobindo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Difficulty
In summary, difficulty in solving equations can be caused by a lack of understanding, mistakes in calculations, or complexity. To improve problem-solving skills, practice regularly, seek help, and break down problems. When stuck, take a break and seek assistance. There are various methods and techniques for solving equations, and the best one depends on the equation and personal preference. Solutions can be checked by plugging it back in, graphing, or using a calculator or online solver.
gobindo
if a,b,c are in continued proportion .prove that (a+b+c)^2/(a^2 + b^2 +c^2 )=(a+b+c)/(a-b+c)

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Re: having difficulty in solving the question.

Can you show what you have tried? Our helpers are better able to help if they can see where you are stuck. :D

FAQ: Having difficulty in solving the equation

1. Why am I having difficulty in solving this equation?

There could be several reasons why you are having difficulty in solving the equation. It could be due to a lack of understanding of the underlying concepts, a mistake in your calculations, or the equation may be too complex for your current level of knowledge.

2. How can I improve my problem-solving skills?

To improve your problem-solving skills, it is important to practice regularly and seek help from a teacher or tutor if needed. It is also helpful to break down the problem into smaller, more manageable steps and to use different approaches or strategies to solve the equation.

3. What should I do if I am stuck on a difficult equation?

If you are stuck on a difficult equation, take a break and come back to it with a fresh mindset. You can also try looking for online resources or asking for assistance from a classmate or teacher. Sometimes, talking through the problem with someone else can help you identify where you may be going wrong.

4. Is there a specific method or technique for solving equations?

Yes, there are various methods and techniques for solving equations, such as the substitution method, elimination method, and graphing method. The best method to use will depend on the type of equation and your personal preference.

5. How can I check if my solution to an equation is correct?

You can check your solution by plugging it back into the original equation and seeing if it satisfies the equation. You can also graph the equation and see if your solution lies on the graph. Additionally, you can use a calculator or online equation solver to verify your answer.