Healthy Diet Ideas: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner

• Thread starter tgt
  • Start date
In summary: Breakfast: Porridge (oates + milk)Lunch: Sushi (a selection of different sushi such as salmon, chicken, beef, eel, prawn etc which includes a bit of vegetables )Dinner: Subway Restaurant sandwich with meat (any) and all the vegetables it has to offer.What would you think of a diet with the following menu:Breakfast:Porridge (oates + milk)Lunch:Sushi (a selection of different sushi such as salmon, chicken, beef, eel, prawn etc which includes a bit of vegetables )Dinner:Subway Restaurant sandwich with meat (any) and all the vegetables it has to
tgt
What would you think of a diet with the following menu:

Breakfast:
Porridge (oates + milk)

Lunch:
Sushi (a selection of different sushi such as salmon, chicken, beef, eel, prawn etc which includes a bit of vegetables )

Dinner:
Subway Restaurant sandwich with meat (any) and all the vegetables it has to offer.

The breakfast is perhaps a bit boring. Anybody can think of something simple and easily prepared? Maybe some fruit for breakfast. What are some filling fruits? Banana is one.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Vastly lacking vegetables, fruits and whole grain. There's quite a lot of meat in my opinion, you could get and probably will get much more protein than you need. I have to admit that the breakfast looks appetizing.

You might want to read the advice already given in a previous thread about lack of variety in diets. Yours isn't quite so extreme, but the cautions still apply.
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=231693

Excess sushi may or may not lead to mercury problems.

Fragment said:
Vastly lacking vegetables, fruits and whole grain. There's quite a lot of meat in my opinion, you could get and probably will get much more protein than you need. I have to admit that the breakfast looks appetizing.

There is vegetables in the sushi and tons in Subway sandwiches. Note that the breakfast is literally oats + milk. No sugar or anything sweet. It's actually very filling even with only a little bit.

Hepth said:

Why?

Hepth said:
How very informative.
tgt said:
Why?
Some species/sources of fish are high in mercury due to pollution. Excess consumption of fish could lead to toxic levels.

Maybe some fruits for breakfast instead. What are some filling fruits? Banana is one. Any others?

tgt said:
Maybe some fruits for breakfast instead. What are some filling fruits? Banana is one. Any others?

I'd put fruit on the side or mix in into the gruel, and probably make some buttered whole-wheat toast or other bread for dipping in there. My husband's home-cooked oatmeal with buttery toast is to die for!

I couldn't see eating sushi and Subway every day. What about soups with cheese and bread on the side, or veggie and tofu stirfry? There are several recipes in the food thread. Baked chicken was an easy one that was discussed sometime recently.

Like Moonbear mentions... you need variety in your diet -- both with regards to food groups and even the things you choose from those groups from day to day (even though there's some comfort in routine). In my case, I like to make certain things routine only certain days of the week. In my case, we go once every weekend to our favorite restaurant where I get eggs Benedict and a waffle with fresh fruit (no butter or syrup needed). Occasionally we'll vary... so our waitress always asks us if we'll need menus... but 90% of the time, even when we think about changing we stay the same! but again... that's just one meal we have once per week.

Related to Healthy Diet Ideas: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner

What are some healthy breakfast options?

Some healthy breakfast options include oatmeal with fruit and nuts, avocado toast, Greek yogurt with berries, and scrambled eggs with vegetables.

What are some healthy lunch options?

Some healthy lunch options include a salad with lean protein, whole grain wrap with vegetables and hummus, quinoa and vegetable stir-fry, and grilled chicken with roasted vegetables.

What are some healthy dinner options?

Some healthy dinner options include grilled fish with steamed vegetables, whole grain pasta with marinara sauce and lean ground turkey, grilled vegetable and tofu skewers, and chicken and vegetable stir-fry with brown rice.

How can I make my meals more nutritious?

To make your meals more nutritious, try incorporating more fruits and vegetables, choosing lean protein sources, and opting for whole grains instead of refined carbohydrates. Also, limit your intake of processed and high-fat foods.

Can I still enjoy my favorite foods while following a healthy diet?

Yes, you can still enjoy your favorite foods while following a healthy diet. The key is moderation and balance. Incorporate your favorite foods in moderation and make sure to balance them out with plenty of fruits, vegetables, and other nutritious options throughout the day.