Heat Transfer Modeling w/ MATLAB - Help Needed by Alex

In summary, the speaker is seeking help with their MATLAB problem and has created a PDF explaining the issue. They are looking for assistance from others while their lecturer is unavailable.
a.mlw.walker
Hi, I am trying to model the heat transfer along a pipe using MATLAB as a transient problem.

I understand matlab's ODE45 for one thing that is being solved for, but when something is broken up into lots of 'nodes' I do not understand how to get ODE45 to solve for them all.

I have made a pdf explaining my problem, please could someone have a look and see if they can see my error.

Just to say this is not homework. This is me learning MATLAB for a larger more complicated problem that IS part of my course, but I am trying to walk before I run. The pdf was intended for a lecturer, but now uni holidays have started, and he is not there, i need to turn to others for help...

Thanks
Alex

Attachments

• transient tube Prof Garvey.pdf
    213.1 KB · Views: 382
Physics news on Phys.org
If you are looking for help with your MATLAB problem, you may want to check out the MATLAB Answers Forum. There are many knowledgeable users who can help you with coding and solving your problem.

Related to Heat Transfer Modeling w/ MATLAB - Help Needed by Alex

1. What is heat transfer modeling?

Heat transfer modeling is the process of using mathematical equations and computer simulations to analyze and predict the transfer of thermal energy between different objects or systems. It is commonly used in engineering and scientific research to understand and optimize heat transfer processes.

2. Why is MATLAB used for heat transfer modeling?

MATLAB is a powerful programming language and software platform that is commonly used for scientific and engineering applications. It has built-in functions and tools specifically designed for heat transfer modeling, making it a convenient and efficient choice for this type of analysis.

3. What are the benefits of using heat transfer modeling in MATLAB?

Using MATLAB for heat transfer modeling allows for more accurate and efficient analysis compared to manual calculations. It also allows for the visualization of heat transfer processes, making it easier to understand and interpret the results. Additionally, MATLAB offers the ability to easily modify and update models as needed.

4. Can heat transfer modeling in MATLAB be applied to real-world problems?

Yes, heat transfer modeling in MATLAB can be used to solve a wide range of real-world problems in various industries such as aerospace, automotive, and electronics. It can be used to optimize designs, improve energy efficiency, and predict the performance of different systems.

5. Do I need programming experience to use MATLAB for heat transfer modeling?

While some programming experience may be helpful, it is not necessary to use MATLAB for heat transfer modeling. The software has a user-friendly interface and offers various resources and tutorials to help users get started. However, having a basic understanding of programming logic and equations can make the modeling process more efficient.