Height, Velocity, Angle, Gravity = Range

In summary, the speaker is struggling with a school project where they have to teach something to the class and are looking for an equation involving height and range. They mention that there is no air resistance and gravity is in effect. The equation they are trying to use is d_f = (at^2)/2 + v_i(t) + d_i and they have figured out their final velocity and acceleration. They thank the other person for their help.
Crookes

Homework Statement

Im working on a project for school. We're suppost to learn something and teach it to the class, and I am having a hard time with this one. What I am looking for is an equation. I just don't know how to work height into what I have figured out so far. It is projection based.

Looking for range.
V(in)= 80 m/s
Angle= 45
Starting height Height= 7.5 ft

Homework Equations

No air resitence
Gravity is in effect

The Attempt at a Solution

If I was from the ground the equation would look like this

R = 24 m/s^2 sin 2 45* giving me 58.716 meters
----- 9.81 m/s^2

Physics news on Phys.org
Try the equation d_f = (at^2)/2 + v_i(t) + d_i. Find the time first and then calculate the range.

Im so dence... I have it figurd out now lol. Thanks anyway! My final velocity is the same, just moving downward. I have acceleration, and distance. Thanks!

Related to Height, Velocity, Angle, Gravity = Range

1. What is the relationship between height, velocity, angle, and gravity when calculating range?

The range of an object is directly influenced by its initial height, velocity, angle of launch, and the force of gravity acting on it.

2. How does changing the angle of launch affect the range of an object?

The range of an object will increase as the angle of launch increases, until it reaches a maximum at a 45-degree angle. After that, the range will decrease as the angle increases.

3. What is the impact of gravity on the range of a projectile?

The force of gravity acting on a projectile will cause it to follow a curved path, resulting in a shorter range compared to if there was no gravity present.

4. How does increasing the initial velocity affect the range of a projectile?

An increase in initial velocity will result in a longer range for a projectile, as long as all other factors (such as angle and gravity) remain constant.

5. Can the height of the launch point affect the range of an object?

Yes, the initial height of the launch point can impact the range of an object. A higher launch point will result in a longer range, while a lower launch point will result in a shorter range.

Back