Help in understanding a quantum circuit

In summary, understanding a quantum circuit involves comprehending the principles of quantum mechanics and the basic elements of a circuit such as qubits, gates, and measurements. It also requires knowledge of the different types of quantum circuits and their specific applications. Additionally, understanding the role of entanglement, superposition, and quantum computing algorithms is crucial in grasping the functioning of a quantum circuit. With a solid understanding of these concepts, one can effectively analyze and design quantum circuits for various quantum computing tasks.
victor94
I'm in a proyect to simulate quantum circuits in robots like in this paper
( http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/4215941/ ) ,the first thing that i need to do is to simulated the circuit that is in that paper:

upload_2017-3-29_15-15-14.png

But I'm having trouble understanding how the hadamard gate affects the "C" entrance, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
In this case, assuming ##S1## is off or on (i.e. not in a superposition w.r.t. the computational basis), the Hadamard gate just acts like a classical coin flip because its output is only ever measured or used to control other operations.

##S2## seems completely pointless as far as I can tell.

You can simulate the circuit in Quirk to see the specific cases:

circuit-cycle.gif

Likes mike1000

Related to Help in understanding a quantum circuit

1. What is a quantum circuit?

A quantum circuit is a mathematical model used to represent and study quantum algorithms. It consists of a series of quantum gates, which are applied to qubits (quantum bits) in order to manipulate and transform their states.

2. How does a quantum circuit differ from a classical circuit?

A classical circuit deals with bits that can only have a value of 0 or 1, while a quantum circuit deals with qubits that can exist in a superposition of both values. This allows for more complex and efficient calculations and algorithms in quantum computing.

3. What are the basic components of a quantum circuit?

The basic components of a quantum circuit include qubits, quantum gates, and measurements. Qubits are the building blocks of quantum computation, quantum gates are the operations applied to qubits, and measurements allow for the extraction of information from the qubits.

4. How do I read and understand a quantum circuit diagram?

In a quantum circuit diagram, qubits are represented by lines, and quantum gates are represented by symbols. The circuit is read from left to right, with the qubits being acted upon by the gates in the order they appear. The final state of the qubits can be determined by tracing the circuit from left to right and applying the gates to the initial state of the qubits.

5. What are some common applications of quantum circuits?

Quantum circuits are used in a variety of applications, including quantum cryptography, quantum error correction, and quantum simulations. They are also being studied for their potential in solving complex optimization and machine learning problems that are difficult for classical computers to handle.