Help Me Find Resistor Network Specs for My Circuit Board

In summary, the conversation is about someone trying to fix a piece of equipment that is not charging its battery. They are having trouble finding the specs for the resistor network on the circuit board and are considering contacting the manufacturer for help. They also mention a disc capacitor that is actually a Positive Temp Coefficient thermistor being used as a fuse.
Ebola0001
hey guys I have been given a piece of equipment to fix, that is not charging its battery. I am trying to map out its small circuit board to try and understand what it is thinking so i can figure out what isn't working.

I am having trouble tracking down the resistor network specs so I can draw them into the circuit.

they are 8 pin SIP package with a yellow epoxy coating. there are 3 of them the only writing on the outside says
"DALE 3-1001F 9034"
"DALE 3-1003F 9028"
and a 6 pin SIP package
"GX-1-103 9044"

There is also a large disc capacitor in the power input line labeled "PTC1" on the board
its writing says "BC4D MEXICO" on one side, and "X50V X250" on the other side of the disc

I can take pictures if it would help

thanks guys

Engineering news on Phys.org
DALE is a big resistor company, go on to their website and look for the part! If you cannot find it, email to their application engineer, they'll answer your question.

What you are calling a disk capacitor is not a capacitor. It is a Positive Temp Coeficient thermistor being used as a self resetting fuse. That is why the legend calls it PTC1.

Related to Help Me Find Resistor Network Specs for My Circuit Board

1. How do I determine the required specifications for a resistor network for my circuit board?

To determine the required specifications for a resistor network, you will need to know the voltage and current requirements of your circuit. You can then use Ohm's law (V=IR) to calculate the appropriate resistance value. Additionally, you should consider the power rating, tolerance, and temperature coefficient of the resistors to ensure they can handle the voltage and current levels in your circuit.

2. What are the common types of resistor networks used in circuit boards?

The most common types of resistor networks used in circuit boards are SIP (single in-line package), DIP (dual in-line package), and Bourns-style networks. SIP and DIP packages consist of multiple resistors encapsulated in a single package, while Bourns-style networks are surface mount components with multiple resistors in a row.

3. How do I choose the right tolerance for my resistor network?

The tolerance of a resistor network refers to the allowable variation in the resistance value. A lower tolerance means a more precise resistance value, but also a higher cost. The appropriate tolerance for your circuit will depend on its sensitivity and the desired accuracy. In most cases, a standard tolerance of 5% is sufficient.

4. Can I use different resistance values in a resistor network?

Yes, you can use different resistance values in a resistor network. This is known as a custom or non-standard network. However, it is important to ensure that the total resistance of the network still meets the requirements of your circuit.

5. Where can I find the specifications for a specific resistor network?

You can find the specifications for a specific resistor network by checking the manufacturer's datasheet or by contacting the manufacturer directly. Additionally, many electronic component suppliers have online databases where you can search for specific resistor networks and view their specifications.

Back