Help Me Understand WOW in Chemistry for Panel Discussion

• Thread starter anigeo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chemistry
In summary, the speaker has been selected for a panel discussion at their university on the topic of "WOW in chemistry." They are unsure of what this means and if it refers to surprising discoveries or experiments in chemistry. They are seeking clarification before the event in three days. It is possible that WOW stands for Emulsions.
anigeo
hi, I have been selected for panel discussion in my university on the event of a Chemistry workshop.i was informed of the subject today and it stated "WOW in chemistry".

it has gone over my head and i cannot figure out wat it means .
i still wonder if it means the surprising discoveries and developments in chemistry that came forth as a result of accidents or i will have to speak about some surprising chemical expts.

Am i right in thinking so? PLEASE help me as it is in 3 days' time.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
anigeo said:
hi, I have been selected for panel discussion in my university on the event of a Chemistry workshop.i was informed of the subject today and it stated "WOW in chemistry".

it has gone over my head and i cannot figure out wat it means .
i still wonder if it means the surprising discoveries and developments in chemistry that came forth as a result of accidents or i will have to speak about some surprising chemical expts.

Am i right in thinking so? PLEASE help me as it is in 3 days' time.

Since it is in all caps, I'm guessing WOW is an acronym, and not an exclamation. And from the AcronymFinder website, I'm guessing they will want to discuss Emulsions...

http://www.acronymfinder.com/WOW.html

FAQ: Help Me Understand WOW in Chemistry for Panel Discussion

1. What is WOW in chemistry?

WOW stands for "Wonders of Water" and refers to the unique properties and behavior of water molecules, particularly in relation to other substances and living organisms.

2. Why is understanding WOW important in chemistry?

Water is one of the most abundant and essential substances on Earth, and its properties play a crucial role in many chemical processes and reactions. Studying WOW can help us understand the behavior of other substances and develop new technologies and solutions.

3. How does WOW affect living organisms?

Water's properties, such as surface tension, polarity, and the ability to dissolve many substances, make it essential for life as we know it. It provides a medium for biochemical reactions, regulates body temperature, and helps transport nutrients and waste products within organisms.

4. What are some examples of WOW in action?

Some examples of WOW in action include the surface tension of water allowing insects to walk on water, the unique properties of ice allowing it to float and insulate bodies of water, and the ability of water to dissolve and transport nutrients in soil for plant growth.

5. How does understanding WOW impact our daily lives?

Understanding WOW can help us make informed decisions about water usage and conservation, as well as develop new technologies for water treatment and purification. It also plays a role in industries such as agriculture, medicine, and manufacturing.

Back