Help needed in COMSOL3.3a-heat transfer module

• Thread starter rr00053
  • Start date
  • Tags
    module
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with heat transfer in 3D, specifically setting the heat flux radiative boundary and determining the heat transfer coefficient for different materials. The question also addresses the effect of scaling a problem from meter range to micron and nanometer range. The expert suggests looking up the conductive transfer coefficients for each material and only scaling the geometry of boundaries and subdomains.
rr00053
urgent help needed in COMSOL3.3a-heat transfer module

hi friends...
I am doing a heat transfer problem in 3D...I have designed a heating device in micro range (exactly similar to the heating device in component library) and kept 3 layers of blocks of material (Si, SiO2, Fe ). I am confused about setting the heat flux radiative boundary...what is the value of heat trasnfer coeffecient of each block ? is it similar to the value in meter range? how can I find out these values...also when scaling a problem like this from metre range to microns and nanometre range what all parametres should also be manually changed?
Please help me out...Thanks in advance

Engineering news on Phys.org

The conductive transfer coefficients you will have to look up for each material unless they are already in your material library. This value is usually in units of W/m^2. In terms of scaling, the only thing you should have to scale is the geometry of your boundaries and sub domains.

Hi Topher925...thankyou for the response...I can find out the values of heat transfer coeefecient for the different materials...but according to the definition it is the rate of heat transfer through the raditive walls,,, but wen we scale down the size won't it affect the heat transfer coeffecient?

FAQ: Help needed in COMSOL3.3a-heat transfer module

1. What is the COMSOL 3.3a heat transfer module?

The COMSOL 3.3a heat transfer module is a software tool used for simulating and analyzing heat transfer phenomena in various systems and processes. It is a part of the larger COMSOL Multiphysics software suite and provides advanced features for modeling and solving heat transfer problems.

2. How can I access the heat transfer module in COMSOL 3.3a?

To access the heat transfer module in COMSOL 3.3a, you can either select it during the installation process or add it later through the COMSOL Multiphysics interface. You will need a valid license or trial version to use the module.

3. What types of heat transfer problems can be solved with COMSOL 3.3a heat transfer module?

The heat transfer module in COMSOL 3.3a can be used to solve a wide range of problems, including conduction, convection, radiation, and phase change. It also has capabilities for multi-physics simulations, such as coupled heat transfer and fluid flow problems.

4. How user-friendly is the COMSOL 3.3a heat transfer module?

The COMSOL 3.3a heat transfer module has a user-friendly interface that allows for easy model creation and simulation setup. It also has a variety of built-in tutorials and documentation to help users get started and troubleshoot any issues.

5. Can I import and export data from the heat transfer module in COMSOL 3.3a?

Yes, the heat transfer module in COMSOL 3.3a allows for data import and export in various formats, such as COMSOL binary files, text files, and Excel files. This makes it easier to analyze and share simulation results with others.

Back