Help Needed in Hamilton for Physics Course - Tutor Wanted

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for a tutor in the Hamilton, Ontario area to help them pass their online introductory physics course. They clarify that they have no prior experience in physics and are struggling with the coursework and labs. They are open to any help and clarification from a tutor.
PhysicsDud
Is there anyone in the Hamilton area who is willing to tutor me so I can pass my undergrad introductory physics course?
I really need some serious help.
Thanks,
Physics DUD :cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
There's probably thousands of Hamiltons around the world. There's big Hamiltons in Canada and New Zealand, and many hundreds of smaller ones, including at least one in virtually every state/territory of the US, Canada and Australia.

I would guess, Ontario. :biggrin:

Your school doesn't have a tutoring center?

PL

Hamilton, Ontario

Sorry for not specifying. I am actually taking the course through an online university, and I've tried the tutoring online portion but it just doesn't seem to be working for me. I still don't get it. I need someone to explain it to me and show me hands on. Let me clarify that I have no prior Physics experience and need to take this course only as a prerequisite. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Physics DUD

Online physics? No labs, I assume?

PL

Labs

No there are labs, but easy ones that you can do at home, I have completed half of the coursework and have written my midterm, as well as two of the 6 labs. But since I'm asking for a tutor you can gather that I didn't do too well on my own.:confused:

Related to Help Needed in Hamilton for Physics Course - Tutor Wanted

1. What are the qualifications of the tutor?

The qualifications of the tutor will vary depending on the individual or organization offering the tutoring services. It is important to ask for the tutor's credentials, such as their education level, subject expertise, and previous tutoring experience.

2. How much does the tutoring service cost?

The cost of tutoring services can vary greatly, depending on factors such as the tutor's experience, the subject being taught, and the length of each session. It is important to discuss the cost with the tutor beforehand and negotiate a fair rate that fits your budget.

3. Can the tutor provide additional resources or materials?

It is important to ask the tutor if they can provide additional resources or materials to supplement the course material. This can include practice problems, study guides, or online resources that can help you better understand the subject.

4. How often will tutoring sessions take place?

The frequency of tutoring sessions can vary depending on your needs and the tutor's availability. It is important to discuss this with the tutor and come up with a schedule that works for both parties.

5. How can I track my progress?

It is important to ask the tutor how they will track your progress and if they can provide regular updates on your improvement. This can include assessments, quizzes, or other methods of evaluation to ensure that you are making progress in the course.