Help which language best suits my situation?

• Thread starter muh_j18
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Language
In summary, when choosing a language, you should consider your goals, project type, availability of resources and support, and your proficiency level. The most commonly used languages in scientific research are Python, R, MATLAB, C/C++, and Java. For data analysis and visualization, Python, R, and MATLAB are recommended due to their robust libraries and tools. Python is often considered the best language for machine learning and artificial intelligence, thanks to its extensive libraries and frameworks. It is beneficial to have knowledge of multiple languages, but it is important to have a solid understanding of at least one before branching out.
muh_j18
hi,
which programming language is better when working with matrices and vectors, and provides interfacing? i was thinking about either VB or Java, but i ca't decide which is better.

Technology news on Phys.org
What do you mean, "provides interfacing"?

Related to Help which language best suits my situation?

1. What factors should I consider when choosing a language?

When choosing a language, you should consider your goals, the type of project you are working on, the availability of resources and support for that language, and your own level of proficiency in different languages.

2. What are the most commonly used languages in scientific research?

The most commonly used languages in scientific research are Python, R, MATLAB, C/C++, and Java.

3. What languages are best for data analysis and visualization?

Some of the best languages for data analysis and visualization are Python, R, and MATLAB, as they have robust libraries and tools specifically designed for these tasks.

4. Which language is best for machine learning and artificial intelligence?

Python is often considered the best language for machine learning and artificial intelligence due to its extensive libraries and frameworks, such as TensorFlow and PyTorch.

5. Is it better to stick with one language or learn multiple languages?

It is beneficial to have knowledge of multiple languages, as each language has its own strengths and may be better suited for different tasks. However, it is also important to have a solid understanding of at least one language before branching out to others.