Help with easy problems that I just can't seem to get right

• Thread starter supermenscher
  • Start date
In summary, the person is struggling with solving various physics problems and is frustrated with getting them wrong. They are requesting help and have been given tips on submitting answers in the correct format and including units. It is also mentioned that they have a habit of copying and pasting problems from their assignments without attempting to solve them on their own.
supermenscher
I think I am doing these right, but I keep getting them wrong...can anyone show me what I am doing wrong.

1. What is the wavelength of a 29.00E9 Hz radar signal.
I did wavelength = c/f = 3.00E8m/s divided by 29.00 Hz and got 0.01034, but it is telling me that it is wrong.

2. An em wave has a wavelength of 850nm, what is the frequency.
I did f = c/wavelength = 3.00E8m/s divided by 850E-9 m and got 3.53E14, and it told me it was wrong.

3. Calculate the frequency of green light with a wavelength of 540nm and yellow light with a wavelength of 580nm. I did freq of green = c/wavelength = 3.00E8/540E-9 and got 5.56E14 which was wrong, and 3.00E8/580E-9 = 5.17E14 which was also wrong.

4. A start is 2.1 light years away. How far is it away in meters? I converted 2.1 years to seconds, and then divided 3.00E8/2.1 years in seconds and got 9.06m, which was also wrong.
I know these problems are easy but I am frustrated with them because I can't get them right, I would really appreciated it if someone could help me out.

Physics news on Phys.org
supermenscher said:
... but it is telling me that it is wrong.
What is "it"? Are you submitting these answers online or something? Or does "it" refers to the answers in your book? Do you have these answers? Can you post these answers?

It is submitting the answers online

Make sure you are submitting your answer in the proper format.

I am, do you have any other help besides submitting in the correct format

I'm guessing your answers to 1-3 are wrong because you did not enter any units. Number 4 you get 9 metres? The star is 9 metres away? Seriously? Read up on the definition of a lightyear.

Supermenscher, you've started 16 threads in this forum. They all have exactly the same format. You copy a problem verbatim from your assignment and ask us to give an answer. On 4 occasions, you were given a detailed answer and the exact result. On those 4 occasions you said thanks. On the other 12, we tried to get you to solve it yourself. In not one of those 12 did you respond with saying you found the answer as a result of the help. It appears you are not interested in learning physics, only in getting us to do your homework for you. Read the very first thread at the top of this forum again.

Related to Help with easy problems that I just can't seem to get right

What is the best way to approach a problem that I just can't seem to solve?

The best way to approach a difficult problem is to break it down into smaller, more manageable parts. Start by identifying what specifically you are struggling with and then try to find a solution for that specific part. It can also be helpful to take a step back and look at the problem from a different perspective.

How can I improve my problem-solving skills?

One way to improve your problem-solving skills is to practice regularly. This can be done by attempting different types of problems and puzzles, or by challenging yourself with more complex tasks. Additionally, seeking feedback from others and actively seeking out new strategies and techniques can also help improve your problem-solving abilities.

What are some common mistakes people make when trying to solve problems?

Some common mistakes people make when trying to solve problems include jumping to conclusions too quickly, getting stuck on one approach, and not considering alternative solutions. It is important to remain open-minded and flexible when solving problems and to take the time to thoroughly analyze the situation before trying to find a solution.

How can I stay motivated when facing difficult problems?

Staying motivated when facing difficult problems can be challenging, but there are a few things you can do to help. Set small, achievable goals for yourself and reward yourself when you reach them. Take breaks when needed and don't be afraid to ask for help or seek out resources to aid you in your problem-solving. Remember to also stay positive and believe in your abilities to find a solution.

What are some effective problem-solving strategies?

Some effective problem-solving strategies include breaking the problem down into smaller parts, using visual aids or diagrams, and approaching the problem from different angles. It can also be helpful to brainstorm and generate multiple possible solutions before choosing the best one. Don't be afraid to try different strategies and techniques until you find one that works for you.