Help with introductory Physics (I keep getting different answers)

In summary, the conversation discusses a question about a firefighter using a fire hose to put out a fire. The question asks for the height at which the water hits the building. The individual asking the question tried to solve it using vectors but got different answers each time. They are seeking clarification on the correct answer.
KillerNWA
Hey guys,

Im fairly new to this, but I got this question,

"Q1.A firefighter is 20m away from a burning building. She directs the fire hose at an angle of 30 degrees above the horizontal and the water has an initial speed of 30 m/s. At what height does the water hit the building?"

I tried to solve the equation using vectors, but each time i got a different answer, the ones being 9,5,20,3 and freakishly, 0m. I am stuck beyond belief :/ Anyone know what the answer would be? even though i know it sounds stupid to ask.

Physics news on Phys.org
How did you manage to get different answers if you were doing the same thing?

FAQ: Help with introductory Physics (I keep getting different answers)

1. Why am I getting different answers in introductory Physics?

There are a few possible reasons for this. It could be due to different sources of information or different methods of solving a problem. It is also possible that there may be errors in your calculations or misunderstandings in the concepts. It is important to carefully check your work and consult with a teacher or tutor if you are still unsure.

2. How can I ensure that I am getting the correct answers in introductory Physics?

To ensure that you are getting correct answers, it is important to double check your work and calculations. It can also be helpful to consult with a teacher or tutor for clarification on any concepts or problems that you are struggling with. Additionally, practicing regularly and completing practice problems can help improve your understanding and accuracy.

3. What resources are available to help me with introductory Physics?

There are various resources available to help with introductory Physics, such as textbooks, online tutorials, and study guides. You can also seek help from teachers, tutors, or study groups. It is important to find resources that work best for your learning style and to utilize them consistently.

4. Is it normal to struggle with introductory Physics?

It is normal to struggle with introductory Physics, as it can be a challenging subject for many students. However, with patience, practice, and seeking help when needed, you can improve your understanding and do well in the subject.

5. How can I improve my understanding of introductory Physics?

To improve your understanding of introductory Physics, it is important to actively engage with the material by attending lectures, taking notes, and completing practice problems. You can also seek help from teachers or tutors, and use resources such as textbooks and online tutorials. Additionally, finding real-world applications of the concepts can help solidify your understanding.