Help with OP AMP Circuit Question

In summary, the conversation is about a homework problem related to OP-amp circuits and the use of algebra to solve them. The recommended approach is to write an equation for voltage at the opamp's inputs and set them equal to each other to solve for the output. This method is different from what is typically found in textbooks.
shawen
hi, i reallyt need help in this question.
i tried this but i am not sure how to start this, so if you can provide me little help i will really appreciate it

its based on OP AMP circuit

thanks guys

Attachments

• pic1.PNG
    pic1.PNG
    14.3 KB · Views: 436
Engineering news on Phys.org
This looks like a homework problem. Try the homework forum.

"Dr Hardy's Painless Method"

Here's what i find the simplest approach, and i doubt you'll find it in your textbook:
OP-amp circuits do algebra.
They do it by forcing the OP-amp's inputs equal.
It is the duty of the circuit designer to wrap the OP-amp with a circuit that allows it to do that.
So --- see if these three simple steps work for you,
1. Write the equation for voltage at opamp's - input , looks to me trivial by inspection , V- = Vo/2 .
2. Write the equation for voltage at opamp's + input, it's a function of Vin and some constants, V+ = f(Vin) , you should find that f(Vin) easily with laws of Ohm and Kirchoff
3. Set those two equations equal , V+ = V- , and solve for Vo/Vin .

Then you should prove to yourself that's the same result you'd get by your textbook methodold jim

Likes cnh1995

Related to Help with OP AMP Circuit Question

1. What is an operational amplifier (OP AMP)?

An operational amplifier, or OP AMP, is an electronic component that amplifies the voltage of an input signal. It has two input terminals, one for the signal and one for a reference voltage, and one output terminal. It is commonly used in a variety of electronic circuits for tasks such as amplification, filtering, and signal processing.

2. How do I choose the right OP AMP for my circuit?

Choosing the right OP AMP for your circuit depends on the specific requirements of your project. This includes factors such as the desired amplification, input and output voltage range, bandwidth, and power supply requirements. It is important to carefully read the datasheet of the OP AMP to ensure it meets your circuit's needs.

3. Can you explain the basic operation of an OP AMP circuit?

An OP AMP circuit typically consists of an OP AMP, resistors, and capacitors. The OP AMP amplifies the voltage of the input signal and outputs it through the output terminal. The feedback network of resistors and capacitors determines the overall gain and frequency response of the circuit. The goal is to create a stable and predictable output voltage based on the input signal.

4. How do I troubleshoot issues with an OP AMP circuit?

If your OP AMP circuit is not functioning as expected, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue. First, check all connections and make sure they are secure. Next, verify that the components are connected correctly according to the circuit diagram. If there are still issues, you may need to test the individual components using a multimeter to ensure they are functioning properly.

5. Can an OP AMP circuit be used for AC signals?

Yes, an OP AMP circuit can be used for both AC and DC signals. However, the circuit design and choice of OP AMP may vary depending on the type of signal. For AC signals, it is important to consider factors such as frequency response and impedance matching to ensure the circuit can accurately amplify the signal.