Help with Unfinished Problem: File Size Issues

• MHB
  • Thread starter csmith23
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Voltage
In summary, the conversation is about a circuit problem involving an independent current source and finding the voltage drop of that current source. The person did some research and found that current sources will always carry the same voltage as the power source. However, in this case, the current source is voltage dependent on the same node as the power source, which is parallel to the current source. Another person suggests using Kirchoffs' voltage law to solve the problem, and after doing so, both people confirm that the answer is 85 volts.
csmith23
Hello all. I am doing a basic circuit problem but ran got into a bind. I have a independent current source and need help finding the voltage drop of that current source. I did some research and found that current sources will always carry the same voltage as the power source no matter what's in between. However this independent current source as a voltage dependent on the same node as the current source, but the power source is parallel to the current source. Thanks in advance!

View attachment 3951

Help on unfinished problem

Im really hoping everyone can access this. I tried a million different file types and it constantly said I exceeded the file size.

Attachments

• voltage.jpg
    voltage.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 58
Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Hi csmith23,

I am also learning circuits right now and so I could be wrong, but have you tried applying Kirchoffs' voltage law around the first loop?

I did that shortly after posting this. And I got 85 volts. Can anyone confirm if that is correct?

Yep! I got the same answer.

$$V_A=V_x+4V_y+10i=4+4(5)+10(6)=85V$$
I got $i=6$ by applying KCL around the first node.

FAQ: Help with Unfinished Problem: File Size Issues

1. What causes file size issues?

There can be multiple reasons for file size issues. Some common causes include large amounts of data, high resolution images or videos, and multiple layers or elements within a file.

2. How can I reduce file size?

There are several ways to reduce file size, such as compressing images, deleting unnecessary elements, and using file formats that are more efficient for storage, such as JPEG or MP4.

3. Does file size affect the performance of my computer?

Yes, larger file sizes can significantly slow down the performance of your computer, especially if you are working with multiple large files at once.

4. Can file size issues be fixed without losing quality?

It depends on the specific issue and file type. In some cases, file size can be reduced without significant loss of quality, but in other cases, there may be some slight degradation in quality.

5. Are there any tools or software that can help with file size issues?

Yes, there are many tools and software available that can help with reducing file size, such as image compression software, file optimization tools, and cloud storage options.

Back