Help with Writing Spanish Physics Lab Reports in MikTex

In summary, LyX is a WYSIWYG style editor that can be used to create documents in French and Spanish. It is cross-platform, and includes TeXworks.
Telemachus
I want to use MikTex to do my physics laboratory informs. The thing is I have to write the informs in spanish, and I've found that I can't use the tilde on my work, which is really bad, because I can't write it orthographically as it must be done e.g. I can't write Dinámica, but I can write Dinamica (which is "wrong", just like writing dynámics instead of dynamics). But I've seen some works done on latex in spanish with accents, so, I need your help. Maybe I just need an addon for MikTex so then I can use my tildes, or maybe I need some kind of code.

By the way, if you know off some addon for MikTex that adds a friendly front end for the program, so I don't have to write the code and just push some buttons, I'd rather like to know.

Bye, and thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Para "Dinámica", se puede escribir "Din\'{a}mica" en LaTeX. :smile:

See this for more on accents in LaTeX:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Accents

Also, if you want a more WYSIWYG style approach to LaTeX, try LyX.

Last edited:
Doesn't MikTex come with TeXworks? Don't recall if it was any good (I use Linux, but I did use it a few years ago), but it might help.

This should work for french and you probably have to change very little to get it to work with spanish (comments are in french, but are ignorable - I can translate to english if you want, but Google's translate should suffice):

Code:
\documentclass[...]{...}

\usepackage{t1enc}
% encodage pour les fontes EC (au lieu de CMR) permettant 
% des césures correctes pour les mots accentués
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc} 
% Document avec accents format windows, la ligne précédente 
% n'est pas nécessaire si on utilise \`a pour à, etc. 
\usepackage[english,french]{babel} % ou [french] seulement
% Charge les options pour l'anglais et le français de BABEL
% et sélectionne le français comme langue initiale 
% (Chapitre au lieu de Chapter, etc.)

\begin{document}
bla bla bla
\end{document}

I presume changing french to spanish should get it to work.

I got it here:

http://www.cours.polymtl.ca/latex/miktexfr.html

Hope that gets you going!

Last edited by a moderator:
MikTeX includes TeXworks.

Most basic accents can be used just by typing
Code:
\$accent{$char}
where $accent is the accent type you want (e.g. ~, ') and $char is the character over which to put it.

Thank you both. Gracias para jhae ;)

I'm not using linux, so I can't use Lyx. Anyway, I'd like to make some questions about giving format to the text. For example, how do I choose one type of font for my work, how big I want it, the space adjustment, etc? for example if I want to make my text to fill the entire length of the paper, how do I do that text adjustment?

Bye there.

Thank you very much :)

Related to Help with Writing Spanish Physics Lab Reports in MikTex

1. What is MikTex and how does it help with writing Spanish Physics Lab Reports?

MikTex is a free, open-source software that helps with typesetting scientific documents, including lab reports. It provides a user-friendly interface for writing and formatting documents in LaTeX, a popular typesetting language used in the scientific community. MikTex also includes a wide range of templates and packages specifically designed for writing physics lab reports in Spanish.

2. Do I need to have prior knowledge of LaTeX to use MikTex for writing Spanish Physics Lab Reports?

No, you do not need to have prior knowledge of LaTeX to use MikTex. The software comes with a built-in editor that allows you to write and format your document without needing to know all the LaTeX commands. However, having a basic understanding of LaTeX can help you make the most of MikTex's features and capabilities.

3. Can I customize the templates in MikTex for my specific lab report requirements?

Yes, you can customize the templates in MikTex to meet your specific lab report requirements. MikTex allows you to modify the templates and add or remove sections as needed. You can also change the formatting and layout to match your university's guidelines or personal preferences.

4. Is MikTex compatible with other software programs, such as Microsoft Word?

No, MikTex is not compatible with other software programs like Microsoft Word. It is designed specifically for typesetting documents in LaTeX. However, you can export your MikTex document as a PDF or convert it to a Word document using a converter tool.

5. Is MikTex only available in Spanish or are there other language options?

MikTex is available in multiple languages, including Spanish. You can select your preferred language during installation or change it later in the settings. This allows you to use MikTex in the language you are most comfortable with for writing your Spanish Physics Lab Reports.