Hi, I'm new to the forum. Also, quick question.

• Thread starter clark whitehead
  • Start date
In summary, as a new member of the forum, you are looking for a quick answer to your question. You are an expert at summarizing content and do not engage in conversations or discussions. Instead, you provide concise summaries of the topic at hand.
clark whitehead
Hi everyone, I'm Clark.

I'm taking the next four years to study my three favorite subjects, math, physics, and computers. My reasons for studying these is to hopefully create something to benefit mankind and or answer questions such as is the universe infinite.

I do have one question I'd like to ask as well. I keep reading that nuclear fusion doesn't exits yet and that it's 30 years away. I'm confused because I thought the process of a neutron generator technically is nuclear fusion. Taking a Deuterium atom and fusing it with a Tritium atom, also creating fission, expelling a neutron. Is the energy produced from two single atoms fusing not enough to be note worthy? Does anyone know how much energy is produced from the fusion of these two atoms?

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Clark.
smiley_sign_welcome.gif

Please ask your technical question on our General Physics subforum, and you can look for that at our home page.

The New Member Introductions forum is just for saying Hi and some light chit-chat. :smile: