Hi,please anybody tell any reference book for astrophysics.

In summary, astrophysics is a branch of astronomy that focuses on the physical properties and processes of celestial objects and phenomena. It is important to have a reference book for astrophysics as it allows for quick access to information and can serve as a guide for understanding complex concepts and theories. Some popular reference books for astrophysics include "An Introduction to Modern Astrophysics" by Bradley W. Carroll and Dale A. Ostlie, "Astrophysics for Physicists" by Arnab Rai Choudhuri, and "The Physics of Astrophysics" by Frank H. Shu. There are also many free online resources available for astrophysics reference, such as NASA's Astrophysics Data System (ADS), arXiv.org
praveenpp
hi,

please anybody tell any reference book for astrophysics. i am interested to study celestial body and black hole. where it is available ?

Astronomy news on Phys.org

I can't refer you to any specific book, but I reccomend going on Amazon.com and searching for such a book.

k thank u

See http://scitation.aip.org/journals/doc/AERSCZ-ft/vol_6/iss_1/80_1.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in astrophysics! There are many great reference books available for studying celestial bodies and black holes. Some popular options include "Introduction to Modern Astrophysics" by Bradley W. Carroll and Dale A. Ostlie, "Black Holes and Time Warps" by Kip Thorne, and "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene. These books can be found online or at your local library or bookstore. Additionally, many universities and research institutions have online resources and publications on astrophysics that you may find helpful. Happy studying!

FAQ: Hi,please anybody tell any reference book for astrophysics.

What is astrophysics?

Astrophysics is a branch of astronomy that deals with the physical properties and processes of celestial objects and phenomena.

Why is it important to have a reference book for astrophysics?

Having a reference book for astrophysics allows for quick access to information and equations that are commonly used in the field. It can also serve as a guide for understanding complex concepts and theories.

What are some popular reference books for astrophysics?

Some popular reference books for astrophysics include "An Introduction to Modern Astrophysics" by Bradley W. Carroll and Dale A. Ostlie, "Astrophysics for Physicists" by Arnab Rai Choudhuri, and "The Physics of Astrophysics" by Frank H. Shu.

Are there any free online resources for astrophysics reference?

Yes, there are many free online resources for astrophysics reference such as NASA's Astrophysics Data System (ADS), arXiv.org, and the Smithsonian/NASA Astrophysics Data System (ADS).

How can I choose the best reference book for my needs?

When choosing a reference book for astrophysics, consider your level of knowledge and the specific topics you are interested in. It is also helpful to read reviews and ask for recommendations from colleagues and experts in the field.