High School Physics: Questions for YOU

• Thread starter Groto
  • Start date
In summary, physics is used in a variety of ways in the real world, some of which are more obvious than others. If you're not a scientist or engineer, it may be difficult to see how taking a high school physics class will be useful to you. However, taking physics can help you to make better decisions and understand the world around you.
Groto
Where in the real-world will you use the physics?
What do you gain from taking high school physics that other high school students will not obtain that did not take physics?
Why don’t more people take physics?
Can this problem be alleviated? If yes, how?

Physics news on Phys.org
Because it's fascinating! Have you ever wondered how the universe works?

Can someone please answer me questions? I'm having trouble finding out specific examples of where physics is used in the real world.

Groto said:
Can someone please answer me questions? I'm having trouble finding out specific examples of where physics is used in the real world.

Oh dear...

Who do you think invented the transitor that has now become the basis of practically ALL modern electronics, including the computer that you used to do all this? This then leads to the largest area of physics that has a direct impact on your everyday life - condensed matter/material science. The study of the material that you use - conductor, insulator, semiconductor (that is used to make computer chips), superconductor, magnetism, etc, etc..- falls under this area of physics.

... and this is just from ONE area of physics that I've barely scratched the surface of.

Zz.

Groto said:

My question is, where is physics NOT used in the real world?

What the heck is your definition of physics anyway if you can't think of examples where it's being used?

Are you trying yo figure out when a high school physics class will become useful for someone who is not a scientist/engineer? It helps you to make better decisions. If your car gets stuck in a ditch, how will you get it out? Where should you go during a lightning storm? How do you fix your kid's toy? Can you actually understand and appreciate the articles in that issue of Scientific American at the dentists office? The list goes on...

Related to High School Physics: Questions for YOU

1. What is the purpose of studying physics in high school?

Studying physics in high school helps develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as an understanding of the fundamental laws and principles that govern the natural world. It also lays the foundation for further studies in STEM fields.

2. What topics are typically covered in high school physics?

High school physics courses usually cover topics such as motion, forces, energy, waves, electricity, magnetism, and optics. Some courses may also include basic concepts of quantum mechanics and relativity.

3. Is physics a difficult subject to learn in high school?

Physics can be challenging for some students, as it involves complex mathematical concepts and abstract thinking. However, with dedication and practice, anyone can understand the fundamental principles of physics.

4. How can I prepare for physics exams in high school?

To prepare for physics exams, it is important to attend class regularly, take thorough notes, and practice solving problems. It can also be helpful to form study groups and seek help from teachers or tutors if needed.

5. What are the real-world applications of high school physics?

High school physics has many real-world applications, including understanding how objects move and interact, designing and building structures, and developing technologies such as electricity and magnetism. It also plays a crucial role in fields such as engineering, medicine, and astronomy.