Hoia, looking forward to this forum

• Thread starter kostoglotov
  • Start date
kostoglotov
My handle is Kostoglotov, a name taken from The Cancer Ward by Solzhenitsyn.

I am 33, and currently planning to return to study a second Bachelor's next year, in Electrical Engineering, and so am spending this year working nights, saving heaps of money and studying my ass off in my free time.

At the moment I am studying Calc III, using Stewart's Calculus 6th edt. It's an okay text as far as I can tell. I'm not skipping anything, I'll do every second plug and chug question, but beyond that I try to complete everything. I should be finished with this text by June/July if my schedule keeps. Then I plan on teaching myself Linear Algebra (and maybe some more Diff Eqs stuff as well). Additionally, I plan on getting a lot of fundamentals of electricity and magnetism, and some knowledge about circuits, under my belt before starting uni. Additionally, learning MATLAB, and planning on getting some Python under my belt this year too.

I already have a Bachelor of Chemistry, but I didn't take it seriously enough whilst doing in oh those many years ago. I spent too much time at the uni bar and I just wasn't mature enough to take advantage of the opportunity. I left with a GPA of 5.1 (out of 7), not terrible, but I was capable of much higher, I just didn't have the maturity as I mentioned.

After traveling for three years and living in Bangkok teaching Math and Science in English programs and International Schools for two years, I realized, I needed to get back to a STEMs field and really put myself into it. Traveling was great, Nepal was amazing, and America too...but now I am looking forward to getting my Electrical Engineering degree, and I'm hoping PF will help me get through this study, and I hope I can be useful to others whenever possible. I can LaTeX a little, and I've pretty solidly gotten through Calc I and II in the second half of last year.

Anyway, thanks. And wish me luck :)

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!