Homopolar Induction: Where Can I Find Answers?

In summary, the poster was discussing homopolar induction systems on engineering forums, but was met with criticism and their posts were locked due to the belief that they were promoting overunity or perpetual motion. Despite the lack of resources on this topic, the poster continues to conduct experiments and seeks advice on where to discuss this further. However, it is advised to stick to the rules of the forums and avoid mentioning overunity, as this can lead to being flagged or banned.
confusedone
Trying to talk about homopolar induction systems in the eng. forums got me locked cause the readers concluded for me that I was talking about overunity or perpetual motion.

I have been conducting experiments on homopolar induction and there is little to no resourses out there concerning the science behind this odd but proven type of electrical induction system.

If I can't discuss it in the Eng. forums then where should a person looking for help go here?

Physics news on Phys.org
confusedone said:
Trying to talk about homopolar induction systems in the eng. forums got me locked cause the readers concluded for me that I was talking about overunity or perpetual motion.

I have been conducting experiments on homopolar induction and there is little to no resourses out there concerning the science behind this odd but proven type of electrical induction system.

If I can't discuss it in the Eng. forums then where should a person looking for help go here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phd

I could have provided you better link if knew about your location ...

confusedone said:

The readers concluded this because YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT OVERUNITY:

Overunity is real. It is illustrated by the S.M.O.T.(Small Magnetic Overunity Toy). Look it up. It uses increased (permanent feromagnetic) field potentials to put a steel ball in motion and keep it in motion with zero imput from any outside source.

You CAN discuss homopolar induction systems in engineering if you stick with the rules. I have to wonder if you have searched this forum for previous threads about these machines. You are NOT the only one on this forum to take an interest in these machines.
-
BTW, as soon as you propose increasing generator output without increasing input torque you ARE talking about overunity devices since we know we can power the generator with a conventional motor powered by the generator in question.
-
I did a search on your other posts and found what russ_watters said is true. Your post history indicates your end goal is an overunity machine. You are not the first person I've told to keep their ideas to themselves concerning this sort of thing. If you do that, you may just blend in here, learn a thing or two, and maybe succeed in whatever it is you are trying to do. Although you won't succeed in overunity, you also won't be 'polluted' by the knowledge here.

Related to Homopolar Induction: Where Can I Find Answers?

1. What is homopolar induction?

Homopolar induction is the process of creating an electric current in a conductor by moving it through a magnetic field. It is based on the principle of electromagnetic induction, which states that a changing magnetic field can induce an electric current in a conductor.

2. How does homopolar induction work?

Homopolar induction works by moving a conductor, such as a wire or a metal disc, through a magnetic field. This movement creates a changing magnetic field around the conductor, which then induces an electric current in the conductor.

3. What are some real-life applications of homopolar induction?

Homopolar induction has many real-life applications, including generators, induction motors, and transformers. It is also used in Maglev trains, particle accelerators, and electric power systems.

4. Where can I find more information about homopolar induction?

There are many resources available online that provide information about homopolar induction. Some good places to start include scientific websites, textbooks on electromagnetism, and online tutorials or videos.

5. What are the advantages of using homopolar induction?

Homopolar induction has several advantages, including its simplicity, efficiency, and reliability. It also does not require any moving parts or complex circuitry, making it a cost-effective and low-maintenance option for many electrical systems.