Hossi to Perimeter in September

• Thread starter marcus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Perimeter
In summary, Sabine Hossenfelder joins Perimeter Institute as, I guessed, a postdoc. Some people think favorably of PI, while others are critical. There is also a lot of research being done at PI in different areas, including string theory.
marcus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
In a few months Sabine Hossenfelder joins Perimeter Institute, as, I guess, a postdoc (dont know the structure there)

What do you think about PI, it's intention, research and researchers (gossip welcome :biggrin:).

[this post edited with helpful suggestion of hossi]

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
it isn't every day that a fellow PF member gets invited to do research at perimeter,

what do PF people here think about perimeter? some may have favorable opinion some critical.notice that perimeter has string researchers and hosts string conferences

AS WELL AS having nonstring QG researchers and conferences

also note that at the present time PHENOMENOLOGY is a key area-----that is, figure out how to TEST all different theories

my feeling is that what is good about perimeter is that it is very quick to see where the leading edge is and it moves fast into new areas-----so perimeter will probably be one of first places to get a strong group in phenom.

does anybody have gossip or opinion about PI they want to share?

Last edited:
congratulations:-)

Hi marcus,

I guess you are meaning well, but I am really not confortable with this thread. Can I redirect it's purpose to: what do you think about PI, it's intention, research and researchers (gossip welcome :biggrin:).

B.

hossi said:
Hi marcus,

I guess you are meaning well, but I am really not confortable with this thread. Can I redirect it's purpose to: what do you think about PI, it's intention, research and researchers (gossip welcome :biggrin:).

B.

I have tried to redirect thread as you suggested. by EDITING. hope it goes ok and you are comfortable. if not, we can always just forget the thread and let it settle to the bottom of the pond:smile:

but all the same, congratulations. I suppose it is the place i would most like to be, there and Marseille------but the SanFranciscoBay area is my home and so I watch from here what happens in those places

Hey Hossi,

from what I've heard PI is a fantastic place. Everybody I've met from PI has been great fun, I think they have managed to nurture a great atmosphere there for an open exchange of new ideas and that attracts good people. :)

I'll be up there for a brief visit in a month and can contribute first hand experiences then, my own application for doing an associated PhD there probably won't get through though :/

Anyways, congrats and best of luck there!

Related to Hossi to Perimeter in September

1. What is Hossi to Perimeter in September?

Hossi to Perimeter in September is a scientific term that refers to the distance between two points, Hossi and Perimeter, during the month of September.

2. Why is Hossi to Perimeter in September important?

Hossi to Perimeter in September is important because it can help scientists measure changes in distance over time and understand the movement of these two points.

3. How is Hossi to Perimeter in September measured?

Hossi to Perimeter in September is measured using various techniques such as satellite imaging, GPS, or ground-based surveys.

4. What factors can affect Hossi to Perimeter in September?

Factors such as plate tectonics, erosion, and human activities can affect Hossi to Perimeter in September, causing the distance between the two points to change.

5. What can we learn from studying Hossi to Perimeter in September?

By studying Hossi to Perimeter in September, scientists can gain insights into the geological processes and human impacts that shape our planet's surface.