Hosting supplemental work on PF?

BiGyElLoWhAt
Gold Member
I'm currently revisiting Susskind's GR series, with the intent on hosting a weekly group "watch and work" "party" at the uni I work at. The free lectures are great and I'm glad to have them. However, I think they could be supplemented with some problems and solutions, particularly ones that follow along and make sense with the videos.

Would I be able to just make a thread with a few problems and solutions (hid in spoilers) and have it locked afterwards?

I actually think it would be great to have a few threads that were "Susskind Lecture 1 Problem Set Scaffolding", where PF members would help contribute ideas, questions, and check each others work, and then a final thread with 10 posts (1 for each lecture) containing what we decided was most optimal.

I know this is slightly unconventional for the site, but I think it would be great. We could potentially have a subforum for supplemental materials that are open-source.

Is this allowed and something people are interested in?

Thoughts?

Physics news on Phys.org
There's been some discussion between the staff about this over the past few days. I'm going to start a PM with you and some of the staff so we can discuss it further there.