Hotel hauntings: Evo, get your popcorn.

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Evo
In summary, the team of 15 ghost hunters spent the night at the hotel and recorded a number of mysterious and ghostly-goings on. One ghost hunter, Wendy Isaacs, of Yate, said: "It was one of the most active ghost hunts we have been on. [continued]
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
...The team of 15 ghost hunters spent the night at the hotel and recorded a number of mysterious and ghostly-goings on, including temperature drops, ghostly apparitions and people feeling as though they were being pushed in the back. One ghost hunter, Wendy Isaacs, of Yate, said: "It was one of the most active ghost hunts we have been on. [continued]
http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=145365&command=displayContent&sourceNode=145191&contentPK=13928668&folderPk=83726

I wonder if this group is known or just a local phenomenon. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I think this says it all:

". . . We as a group have never declared any location as haunted. i feel sick when i read this article and i will asure everyone that the media will NEVER get our cooperation again in any form. They have taken comments from the investigation report that are complete speculation and rumour published them as fact and i don't like it one bit.We did get some weird localised temperature readings and a dictaphone was acting up on that night but those are the only FACTS there are. the rest of it is just peoples feelings which cannot be quantified and therefore should not be taken as fact. We have worked very hard over the last few years to do things the way they should be done and i strongly object to the way we have been portrayed in this article.
Simon Priddy Founder BSPRI"

I commend Simon for his personal and scientific integrity. He could have easily exploited the media blitz, but, chose not to do so.

Last edited:
Thanks Chronos, I completely missed the feedback section at the bottom. The investigator comments right afterwards and says pretty much the same thing.

Thanks for bringing that interesting story to our attention, Ivan. I like Simon's approach. He has earned my respect.

When are we going to get new episodes of Ghost Hunters??

Evo said:
When are we going to get new episodes of Ghost Hunters??

They sure closed with a bang lasts season, but the two main guys - I never remember names - both seemed to be burning out. Remember? They openly talked about it in one of the last shows. Of course, what are they going to do; go back into plumbing? :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
They sure closed with a bang lasts season, but the two main guys - I never remember names - both seemed to be burning out. Remember? They openly talked about it in one of the last shows. Of course, what are they going to do; go back into plumbing? :biggrin:
I'm sure our Plumbers turned Paranormal Investigators aren't through. :cry:

Evo said:
I'm sure our Plumbers turned Paranormal Investigators aren't through. :cry:
I don't have cable. What are these people looking for? Haunted toilets?:bugeye:

Math Is Hard said:
I don't have cable. What are these people looking for? Haunted toilets?:bugeye:
That too. OMG, you've missed the BEST Roto Router plumbers turned paranormal investigators??

MIH!

This is truly awesome stuff, not to be missed.

Truly disturbing. Is there a reality series in the works that involves flushing plumb-cams?

Actually, I still don't know what I think of Ghost Hunters. They seem to be sincere and honest but it is so hard to tell. They did get a few very striking videos, and the fact that they only got a few over two seasons lends to their crediblity, but it could just be a well calculated, ongoing hoax. They give you just enought to keep you coming back, but not enough to get tagged as hoaxers.

However, having personally experienced what most people would consider to be a haunting, I am open to this stuff. And I can believe that it might all be true.

As an inhabitant of the most haunted county of the most haunted country in the world I must say I'm kind of dissapointed I haven't seen anything yet.

About Psychic research groups, some are doing sterling work under scientific conditions that would not be asked of most of science. The nature of their work means they are subject to much more scrutiny than any other branch of "science". There are some amateur groups that probably produce less reliable evidence. But From the resaerch I personally have seen from attending lectures I can say this: If ghosts exist then sooner or later a scientific experiment will capture them on film. If they are figments of our imagination, or halucinations then this also will be verified.

We have numerous groups in England that research this type of phenomina and many of them would feel slighted if the way in which they tackle this already controversial subject were to be dismissed simply because it is fringe science.

Do I believe in ghosts? I believe people see them, I can't comment any more than that yet:wink:

Apply the scientific method and let the chips fall where they may. There is no such thing as fringe science, IMO. Undisciplined investigations are the enemy, not the ideas being explored.

Agree 100%.

Hi all,

I apologise for digging up an old thread but i have just found this site and your comments.

That article has caused me no end of problems and i am glad that some people saw my comments before they were removed (i believe) from the site.

Last edited:
Simon Priddy said:
Hi all,

I apologise for digging up an old thread but i have just found this site and your comments.

That article has caused me no end of problems and i am glad that some people saw my comments before they were removed (i believe) from the site.
Welcome Simon!

How cool, a real paranormal investigator! Come back!

Related to Hotel hauntings: Evo, get your popcorn.

What are some common signs of a hotel haunting?

Some common signs of a hotel haunting include unexplained noises, cold spots, objects moving on their own, and a feeling of being watched or touched.

Why do hotels seem to be a common location for hauntings?

Hotels are often a hub of activity and energy, making them a prime location for spirits to linger. Additionally, many hotels have a history of tragic events or deaths, which can contribute to paranormal activity.

How can you tell if a hotel is truly haunted or if it is just a hoax?

The best way to determine if a hotel is truly haunted is to conduct a thorough investigation, including gathering witness testimonies, using equipment to measure electromagnetic fields and temperature changes, and looking for patterns in paranormal activity.

Are there any ways to protect yourself from hotel hauntings?

Some people believe that carrying protective talismans, such as crystals or religious items, can help ward off negative spirits. Others suggest setting boundaries and asserting yourself as the dominant presence in the room.

Is it possible for a hotel to be haunted by multiple entities?

Yes, it is possible for multiple entities to haunt a hotel. This can occur if a location has a long history of paranormal activity or if there have been multiple deaths or tragedies on the premises.

Back