How Can a New Member Effectively Navigate Physics Forums?

• Thread starter PT1
  • Start date
In summary, the best way for a new member to navigate physics forums is to familiarize themselves with the forum rules and guidelines, participate in discussions and ask questions, utilize search functions to find relevant information, and engage with the community in a respectful and constructive manner. It is also helpful to read through past threads and posts to gain a better understanding of the forum's culture and topics of interest. Additionally, reaching out to moderators or experienced members for guidance can aid in navigating the forums effectively.
PT1
Hi, I was looking for a site where I could find out what people were talking about in physics so I googled physics forums ...really. After occasionally browsing for a number of months, I finally had to have a question answered so I registered and got started. I had been hesitant because I know so little about conventions and protocol in this type of environment. I can see it will be worth the effort to learn. I'm 67 years old and believe that old dogs can learn new tricks. Apologies in advance for any booboos I might make.
Cheers

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF! Glad you registered!