How Can a Retired Grandparent Inspire a Love of Science in Their Grandchildren?

• Thread starter tommietwp
  • Start date
In summary, retired grandparents can inspire a love of science in their grandchildren by being curious and enthusiastic about the subject, encouraging hands-on exploration and experimentation, sharing their own experiences and knowledge, and providing resources and opportunities for learning. By fostering a sense of wonder and discovery, grandparents can instill a passion for science that can last a lifetime. They can also serve as positive role models and mentors, showing their grandchildren that learning and exploring is a lifelong journey that can bring joy and fulfillment. By engaging with their grandchildren and encouraging their interests, retired grandparents can inspire a love of science and help shape the next generation of curious and innovative minds.
tommietwp
How did you find PF?
I cannot remember the topic/variants for which I was searching. When I landed here and looked around, I wanted to stay.
Hi to all here at PF. I am tommietwp, a retired (from Healthcare Information Technology) grandparent of 9 grandchildren ages 4 - 23 years who all live within 30 miles. I try to enhance their interests in science with various projects or "tricks."
tommietwp

Likes berkeman and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Back