How can accurate orbits and masses be determined in astronomy?

In summary, astronomy is the scientific study of celestial objects and phenomena, while astrology is the belief that the positions and movements of celestial bodies can influence human affairs and personality traits. There are multiple ways to observe the night sky without a telescope, such as naked eye observation, using binoculars, or visiting a local observatory or planetarium. The most famous object in the night sky is the Moon, as it is the closest celestial body to Earth and can be seen with the naked eye. Astronomers use various techniques to measure distances in space, such as parallax, redshift, and the cosmic distance ladder. With a good telescope and dark skies, it is possible to see many other galaxies besides our own Milky Way, such as
petra
rived directly (cf. physics courses such as ‘The Feynman Lectures on ...
are required for the determination of accurate orbits from which masses can be ...
http://www.strw.leidenuniv.nl/~israel/astronomy.pdf

I hope nice link :smile:

Astronomy news on Phys.org

FAQ: How can accurate orbits and masses be determined in astronomy?

1. What is the difference between astronomy and astrology?

Astronomy is the scientific study of celestial objects and phenomena, while astrology is the belief that the positions and movements of celestial bodies can influence human affairs and personality traits.

2. How can I observe the night sky without a telescope?

There are many ways to observe the night sky without a telescope, such as naked eye observation, using binoculars, or visiting a local observatory or planetarium.

3. What is the most famous object in the night sky?

The most famous object in the night sky is the Moon, as it is the closest celestial body to Earth and can be seen with the naked eye.

4. How do astronomers measure distances in space?

Astronomers use a variety of techniques to measure distances in space, such as parallax, redshift, and the cosmic distance ladder.

5. Can I see other galaxies with a telescope?

Yes, with a good telescope and dark skies, you can see many other galaxies besides our own Milky Way, such as Andromeda, the Triangulum Galaxy, and the Whirlpool Galaxy.