How Can I Access ASTI Video Lectures During Server Issues?

• Thread starter neutrino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books Qft
In summary, the author recommends watching the African Summer Theory Institute's online lectures (including Zee on QFT, Ellis on Cosmology..) for beginners.
Physics news on Phys.org
thank you very much, this is explains a lot...

One source he recommends is the African Summer Theory Institute's online lectures (including Zee on QFT, Ellis on Cosmology..), does anyone have a (working) link for these?

cesiumfrog said:
One source he recommends is the African Summer Theory Institute's online lectures (including Zee on QFT, Ellis on Cosmology..), does anyone have a (working) link for these?

It's right there. Click on Zee, ASTI Lectures. It works for me. It's a set of video and audio clips.

neutrino said:
It's right there. Click on Zee, ASTI Lectures. It works for me. It's a set of video and audio clips.

Whenever I click on any of the links for the audio and video clips, I get

Server not found

George Jones said:

Server not found

This is the location of one of the video lectures
http://zeus.mth.uct.ac.za/avi/20-Cress-Astrophysics-2.avi [Does not work]

A little bit of googling showed me that the URL for the maths dept. of the Univ. of Cape Town is http://mth.uct.ac.za/ (Notice that there is no 'zeus'). Well, I I tried without the zeus part, and this is what I get.

University of Cape Town
Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics
Document not found
The document you requested was not found on this server.

This website is being upgraded and pages may be moved.

Please go to the main site and follow the links from there to the page you seek.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Last edited by a moderator:
ASTI video lectures

George Jones said:

Server not found

Hi

The web server hosting the ASTI video and audio files is acting up a bit at the moment. I've notified the sysadmin and hopefully this will be fixed soon. Note that since the fix might entail moving the videos to another machine, please always use the main ASTI page at http://www.asti.ac.za/ to access the lectures (click on Online Lectures).

Last edited by a moderator:

FAQ: How Can I Access ASTI Video Lectures During Server Issues?

What is QFT?

QFT, or quantum field theory, is a theoretical framework used to describe the behavior of subatomic particles and their interactions. It combines the principles of quantum mechanics and special relativity.

Why is QFT important?

QFT is important because it provides a mathematical framework for understanding and predicting the behavior of subatomic particles. It has been successfully used to explain many phenomena in particle physics, such as the behavior of electrons and photons.

What are some popular books on QFT?

Some popular books on QFT include "Quantum Field Theory for the Gifted Amateur" by Tom Lancaster and Stephen J. Blundell, "Quantum Field Theory in a Nutshell" by A. Zee, and "An Introduction to Quantum Field Theory" by Michael E. Peskin and Daniel V. Schroeder.

Is QFT difficult to understand?

QFT can be challenging to understand, especially for those without a strong background in mathematics and physics. However, with dedication and perseverance, it is possible to grasp the core concepts and principles of QFT.

What are the real-world applications of QFT?

QFT has many real-world applications, including in the development of new technologies such as semiconductors and lasers. It also plays a crucial role in modern particle physics research and has been used to make predictions about the behavior of subatomic particles and their interactions.