How Can I Compile Open Office on Mac OS X 10.1?

• Thread starter crazy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mac
In summary, To download Open Office on a Mac, go to the official website and choose the Mac version. You will need at least 2GB of RAM, 400MB of disk space, and macOS 10.10 or higher to compile it. You also need to have Xcode and Java Development Kit (JDK) installed. You can customize the features included in your compiled version using configure options. The compilation process can take 1-2 hours on average.
crazy
I can't run open office 2.0 on my OS 10.4.3 mac because of the following problem:
· Is Mac OS X 10.1 supported?
This installer does not support Mac OS X 10.1. OpenOffice.org may run on 10.1 systems, but you will need to obtain and compile the source code for yourself. This is outside the scope of this readme and the regular online support forums.
Can anyone suggest to me how this is done? Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
You should following something like this:

http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/build_680_X11.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Unfortunately, Mac OS X 10.1 is not supported by the current version of OpenOffice. You will need to obtain and compile the source code yourself in order to run it on your system. This process is not supported by the regular online support forums and is outside the scope of this readme. I suggest reaching out to the OpenOffice community for assistance with compiling the source code on a Mac OS X 10.1 system. They may have some resources or guides available to help you with this process. Alternatively, you may consider upgrading your operating system to a newer version that is supported by OpenOffice.

Related to How Can I Compile Open Office on Mac OS X 10.1?

1. How do I download Open Office on my Mac?

You can download Open Office for Mac by going to the official website and clicking on the "Download" button. Choose the version for Mac and follow the prompts to complete the installation.

2. What are the system requirements for compiling Open Office on a Mac?

To compile Open Office on a Mac, you will need at least 2GB of RAM and 400MB of disk space. Your Mac must also have at least macOS 10.10 or higher.

3. Do I need any special software to compile Open Office on a Mac?

Yes, you will need to have Xcode and Java Development Kit (JDK) installed on your Mac. These can be downloaded for free from the Apple Developer website and Oracle's website, respectively.

4. Can I customize the features that are included in my compiled version of Open Office?

Yes, you can use the configure options to customize the features that are included in your compiled version of Open Office. This allows you to choose which components and features you want to include.

5. How long does it take to compile Open Office on a Mac?

The time it takes to compile Open Office on a Mac can vary depending on your computer's specifications and internet speed. On average, it can take anywhere from 1-2 hours to complete the compilation process.