How can I connect a speaker to my amp without a physical wires

In summary, if you want to connect a second pair of speakers to your amp without using wires, you can do so by using a wireless speaker that has a built-in power supply, wireless receiver and amplifier. However, if you want to connect an ordinary speaker to your amp without wires, this is not possible. You can only transmit power a short distance using a magnetic field, but you would need to add a coil of wire and a ferromagnetic core to the speaker. Another option is to use a Bluetooth transmitter module connected to the LINE out of your current amplifier, which will transmit to a paired Bluetooth receiver module at your desired location. The receiver module can then be connected to an amplifier and speaker, which will require their own power
Chrisaz
I am trying to connect a second pair of speakers to my amp without the use of wires. It is really only one speaker position where running wires is impractical.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Depends on what you mean by connect.
You certainly can send music or other sound content wirelessly to a suitable "speaker" - ie one with a power supply, wireless receiver and amplifier. This is what is commonly sold as a wireless speaker. There is a small radio transmitter (or even maybe an IR transmitter) to attach to your source and a matching receiver attached to an amplifier and speaker, which you can position some distance away. No wires are needed, unless the speaker needs mains power rather than batteries. Batteries would probably mean a relatively low power speaker.

But if you want to send power from your amplifier to an ordinary speaker, no. Again you might send power a very short distance (mm rather than m) as a magnetic field, but you would need to add at least a coil of wire (and ferromagnetic core) to the speaker. The idea could be useful for getting through a thin barrier with a small amount of power maybe?

Chrisaz said:
I am trying to connect a second pair of speakers to my amp without the use of wires. It is really only one speaker position where running wires is impractical

Merlin has responded well with the situation
But to clarify how to do it ...

Audio out of the LINE out ( NOT Speaker out) of your current amplifier to a Bluetooth transmitter module ( it will need a PSU prob ~ 3.3 or 5V depending on the module you get
It will transmit to a paired BT receiver module at your other location where you will have an amplifier and speaker connected to it.
The BT receiver module will connect into the LINE input of your second amplifier. ( you will set the volume of that remote speaker from the second amplifier)
That remote amplifier and BT module will require their own power supplies at that locationDave

Related to How can I connect a speaker to my amp without a physical wires

1. How can I connect a speaker to my amp without using physical wires?

There are a few ways to connect a speaker to an amp without using physical wires. One option is to use a wireless speaker with built-in Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connectivity. Another option is to use a wireless audio adapter, which can be plugged into the speaker and connected to the amp via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Lastly, you can also use a wireless audio transmitter and receiver set, which will allow you to transmit audio signals from the amp to the speaker without the need for physical wires.

2. Can I use my phone to connect a speaker to my amp without wires?

Yes, you can use your phone to connect a speaker to your amp without wires. If your speaker has Bluetooth or Wi-Fi capabilities, you can simply connect it to your phone and then connect your phone to your amp. If your speaker does not have wireless capabilities, you can use a wireless audio adapter or a wireless audio transmitter and receiver set to connect your phone to your amp without wires.

3. Is it possible to connect multiple speakers to an amp without physical wires?

Yes, it is possible to connect multiple speakers to an amp without physical wires. This can be done by using a wireless audio transmitter and receiver set, which will allow you to transmit audio signals from the amp to multiple speakers without the need for physical wires. However, make sure to check the compatibility of your amp and speakers with the wireless audio transmitter and receiver set before purchasing.

4. Will the sound quality be affected when using wireless connections to connect a speaker to an amp?

The sound quality may be affected when using wireless connections to connect a speaker to an amp, depending on the quality of the wireless technology being used. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections generally have good sound quality, but it may not be as high-quality as using physical wires. However, with advancements in wireless technology, the difference in sound quality may not be noticeable to the average listener.

5. Are there any other factors to consider when connecting a speaker to an amp without wires?

Yes, there are a few other factors to consider when connecting a speaker to an amp without wires. Firstly, make sure to check the compatibility of your amp and speaker with the wireless technology being used. Additionally, the distance between the amp and speaker may affect the strength and quality of the wireless connection, so make sure they are within a reasonable distance. Lastly, consider the power source of your wireless device and make sure it is fully charged or connected to a power source to avoid any interruptions in the audio signal.