How can I convert degrees to grades using a conversion factor?

In summary, to convert an angle measure from degrees to grades, you can use the conversion factor of $\frac{10^g}{9}$, and to convert from grades to degrees, you can use the conversion factor of $\frac{9^{\circ}}{10}$. Simply represent the given angle measure as a product and replace the appropriate unit with the corresponding conversion factor.
Drain Brain

please explain to me how can I utilize this conversion factor to convert degrees to grades

the book says,

$90^{\circ}=100^g$

$\therefore$ $1^{\circ}=\frac{10^g}{9}$ and $1^g=\frac{9^{\circ}}{10}$ - I don't know how to use this in actual convertion please help.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Drain Brain said:
I don't know how to use this in actual convertion
Suppose you want to convert an angle measure from degrees to grades.

Step 1: Represent the number of degrees as a product by 1. For example, rewrite $45^\circ$ as $45\cdot1^\circ$.

Step 2: Replace $1^\circ$ by the quantity from your post, i.e., $\left(\frac{10}{9}\right)^g$. In this example,you get $45\cdot\left(\frac{10}{9}\right)^g=50^g$.

Similarly, to convert from grades to degrees, represent $x^g$ as $x\cdot1^g$ and then replace $1^g$ by $\left(\frac{9}{10}\right)^\circ$. For example,
\[
30^g=30\cdot1^g= 30\cdot\left(\frac{9}{10}\right)^\circ =27^\circ.
\]

Related to How can I convert degrees to grades using a conversion factor?

What is the formula for converting degrees to grades?

The formula for converting degrees to grades is (degree/360) * 100. This will give you the equivalent grade percentage.

What is the difference between degrees and grades?

Degrees and grades are two different units of measurement for angles. Degrees are used in the standard unit of measurement for angles, while grades are used in some European countries as a metric unit of measurement for angles.

How do I convert from degrees to grades?

To convert from degrees to grades, you can use the formula (degree/360) * 100. For example, if you have an angle of 90 degrees, the conversion would be (90/360) * 100 = 25 grades.

Can degrees and grades be used interchangeably?

No, degrees and grades cannot be used interchangeably as they are two different units of measurement for angles. However, they can be converted to each other using the appropriate formula.

What is the range for grades?

The range for grades is from 0 to 100, with 0 being equivalent to 0 degrees and 100 being equivalent to 360 degrees. Anything in between can be converted using the formula (degree/360) * 100.