How can I generate a triangle wave using an op-amp?

In summary, the conversation discusses a schematic for a triple wave generator with an op-amp. The concept behind generating such a waveform is explained, as well as the components used to set the amplitude of the square wave. The engineer also explains how the capacitor in the schematic works to create a linear ramp voltage.
electronic engineer
I've attached a general schematic of triple wave generator with op-amp so i need to know the concept of genrating such waveform or maybe tutorial website, and any comment will be appreciated!
thanks.

Attachments

• Triple wave generator.bmp.png
    Triple wave generator.bmp.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 581
Engineering news on Phys.org
It's an amplifying buffer for the input square wave, followed by the integrator. When you integrate a square wave, you get a triangle wave. The zener and other diode are used to set the amplitude of the square wave, and thus the amplitude of the tri wave.

help

i undertsnad tat this is also a triangle wave generator can anyone tell me how it works?? thanks

Attachments

• triangle wave.JPG
    triangle wave.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:
Electronic engineer: Any time we feed a capacitor with a current source the capacitor develops a linear ramp voltage across it. Since the capacitor in your schematic is the ONLY component in the feedback path there will be a constant current through it if the inverting and non-inverting inputs are to remain the same voltage. Of course there is a bit more to it since we are not figuring input offset voltages, the offset due to open loop gain and things of this nature.

Related to How can I generate a triangle wave using an op-amp?

1. What is a triangle wave generator?

A triangle wave generator is an electronic circuit that produces a waveform resembling a triangle. It is commonly used in signal processing and testing applications.

2. How does a triangle wave generator work?

A triangle wave generator works by charging and discharging a capacitor through a resistor, creating a linearly increasing and decreasing voltage. This voltage is then converted into a triangular waveform.

3. What is the difference between a triangle wave and a sine wave?

A triangle wave has a linearly increasing and decreasing voltage, while a sine wave has a curved, sinusoidal shape. Additionally, a sine wave has only one frequency component, while a triangle wave has multiple frequency components.

4. What are some applications of a triangle wave generator?

Triangle wave generators are commonly used in audio and video equipment for testing and calibration purposes. They are also used in frequency modulation and as a source for clock signals in digital circuits.

5. How accurate is a triangle wave generator?

The accuracy of a triangle wave generator depends on the components used and the design of the circuit. Generally, a triangle wave generator can produce waveforms with a high degree of accuracy and consistency.