How Can I Get the Couplings from Mass Eigenvalues in 2HD Potential?

• A
  • Thread starter Monaliza Smile
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is asking for help in obtaining the couplings ## \lambda_{1,2} ## in terms of the mass eigenvalues for the two cp- even Higgs scalars h and H. The angle ## \alpha ## is also mentioned as the angle that diagonalizes the mass matrix and helps to obtain the physical states. The conversation also mentions that the couplings ## \lambda_{4,5} ## can be easily obtained from the charged and cp- odd Higgs masses. Finally, it is suggested to use Mathematica or Maple for help with the algebra.
Monaliza Smile
Hi all,

Do anyone know how from the mass eigenvalues:

## M_{H,h}^2 = \frac{1}{2} [\lambda_1 v_1^2 + \lambda_2 v_2^2 \mp \sqrt{(\lambda_1 v_1^2 - \lambda_2 v_2^2)^2 + 4 \lambda^2 v_1^2 v_2^2} ], ##

and ## \tan 2\alpha =\frac{2 \lambda v_1 v_2}{\lambda_1 v_1^2 - \lambda_2 v_2^2} ##

To get the couplings ## \lambda_{1,2} ## as in Equs. (6) in [arXiv:1508.00702v2[hep-ph]]
or Equs. (9) in [arXiv:1303.5098v1 [hep-ph]], Note that I'd like to put ## m_{12} =0 ##.

PS. The angle ## \alpha ## is the angle which diagnolize the mass matrix of the two cp- even Higgs scalars of the two Higgs doublets ## \Phi_1 ## and ## \Phi_2 ## in the 2HD potential (2), [arXiv:1508.00702v2[hep-ph]] to get the physical states: h, H, so it's Eigenvalues problem. But now after getting mh and mH, how to get the couplings ## \lambda_{1,2,3} ## in terms of them ?

You can see in [arXiv:1508.00702v2[hep-ph]] that ## \lambda_{4,5} ## can be driven easily from the charged and the cp- odd Higgs masses (5) .

Any help ?

You just have to do algebra

Mathematica or Maple helps for sure

Related to How Can I Get the Couplings from Mass Eigenvalues in 2HD Potential?

What are equations and why are they important in science?

Equations are mathematical expressions that represent relationships between different variables. They are important in science because they allow us to accurately describe and predict phenomena in the natural world. Equations help us understand complex systems and make informed decisions based on data and evidence.

How can I learn to solve equations?

To learn how to solve equations, it is important to have a strong foundation in algebra and basic mathematical operations. From there, you can practice by solving a variety of equations and seeking help from teachers or tutors when needed. There are also many online resources and textbooks available that can guide you through the process of solving equations.

Are there different types of equations?

Yes, there are many different types of equations in science, each with its own purpose and application. Some common types of equations include algebraic equations, differential equations, and equations of motion. Each type may require different methods to solve and may be used to model different phenomena.

How can I use equations in my own research?

Equations are a powerful tool in scientific research as they allow us to make predictions and test hypotheses. To use equations in your research, you should first identify the variables and relationships that are relevant to your study. Then, you can use equations to model and analyze your data, and draw conclusions based on the results.

What are some common mistakes to avoid when using equations?

Some common mistakes to avoid when using equations include making errors in mathematical operations, not accounting for all variables, and using incorrect formulas. It is also important to carefully check units and ensure they are consistent throughout the equation. It is always a good idea to double-check your work and seek feedback from others to catch any potential mistakes.