How can I know which enters yield bar first?

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem involving two bars with the same area and Young's modulus, and a yield stress of 250 MPa. The participant attempts to use the equations for delta and equilibrium to determine which bar will reach yield first or exhibit plastic behavior first. However, there is not enough information provided to fully understand the problem or the symbols used. More information is needed to provide a solution.
Queren Suriano

Homework Statement

upload_2015-4-19_17-30-22.png

Homework Equations

Area AD = Area BE

E(AD) =E (BE)

Yield stress = 250 MPa[/B]

The Attempt at a Solution

Delta= PL/(AE) if in both bars the A and E are the same, and from the equilibrium I get Q= 4.125 F(AD) + F(BE) , also from the compatibility I get delta AD = 4.125 delta BE[/B]

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Que?

How can I know which bar (AD or BE) reach the yield first??
SteamKing said:
Que?

Queren Suriano said:
How can I know which bar (AD or BE) reach the yield first??

Or how can I know which bar will reach a perfectly plastic behavior first?

Queren Suriano said:

Homework Statement

View attachment 82241

Homework Equations

Area AD = Area BE

E(AD) =E (BE)

Yield stress = 250 MPa[/B]

The Attempt at a Solution

Delta= PL/(AE) if in both bars the A and E are the same, and from the equilibrium I get Q= 4.125 F(AD) + F(BE) , also from the compatibility I get delta AD = 4.125 delta BE

@Queren Suriano, you didn't include a statement of the problem, so we have no idea what you're trying to do or what the symbols mean. AD looks like it would be a line segement, but what is Area AD? And what is E(AD)? What is a yield bar? You have not provided enough information for us to be able to help you.

Last edited:

Related to How can I know which enters yield bar first?

What is meant by "yield bar"?

The yield bar refers to the point at which a chemical reaction or process reaches its maximum output or efficiency. This is often measured in terms of the amount of product produced or the rate of reaction.

Why is it important to know which enters yield bar first?

Knowing which enters yield bar first can help scientists understand the mechanism of a reaction or process, and can also provide valuable information for optimizing conditions or predicting outcomes.

How can I determine which enters yield bar first?

The best way to determine which enters yield bar first is through experimentation. This typically involves varying one factor at a time while keeping others constant, and measuring the resulting changes in yield or reaction rate.

Are there any general rules for predicting which enters yield bar first?

There are no universal rules for predicting which enters yield bar first, as it depends on the specific reaction or process being studied. However, certain factors such as temperature, concentration, and catalysts can play a significant role in determining the order of entry into yield bar.

How does knowing which enters yield bar first impact practical applications?

Understanding the order of entry into yield bar can have practical applications in various fields such as pharmaceuticals, agriculture, and materials science. It can help researchers develop more efficient processes, improve product yields, and reduce costs.

Back