How can I make the arrowhead bigger?

• MHB
  • Thread starter Dustinsfl
  • Start date
In summary, to make the arrowhead bigger in TikZ, you can use the \usetikzlibrary command and refer to the link provided for a complete description. This is also described in section 30.5.1 "Arrow Tip Markings" in the PGF/TikZ manual. You can use the code provided in the manual for an example.
Dustinsfl
Code:
\draw[->] (0,0) -- (3,0);

Physics news on Phys.org
dwsmith said:
Code:
\draw[->] (0,0) -- (3,0);

Hi dwsmith, :)

Although I have never done this, I think you can do this using the \usetikzlibrary command. Please refer >>this<< for a complete description.

Kind Regards,
Sudharaka.

dwsmith said:
Yes, this is awkward in TikZ. The link to StackExchange seems a good resource. This is also described in section 30.5.1 "Arrow Tip Markings" in PGF/TikZ manual for version 2.10. Here is a code from there.

Code:
\begin{tikzpicture}[decoration={
markings,% switch on markings
mark=at position 1cm with {\node[red]{1cm};},
mark=at position .75 with {\arrow[blue,line width=2mm]{>}},
mark=at position -1cm with {\arrowreversed[black]{stealth};}}
]
\draw [help lines] grid (3,2);
\draw [postaction={decorate}] (0,0) -- (3,1) arc (0:180:1.5 and 1);
\end{tikzpicture}

FAQ: How can I make the arrowhead bigger?

1. How does the size of the arrowhead affect its flight?

The size of an arrowhead can greatly impact its flight. A larger arrowhead will have more surface area and therefore more drag, causing it to slow down and potentially veer off course. On the other hand, a smaller arrowhead will have less drag and may have a more accurate and faster flight.

2. Can I simply use a larger arrowhead to increase its size?

No, using a larger arrowhead without considering other factors can actually have a negative impact on its performance. The weight and balance of the arrow will also need to be adjusted to accommodate the larger head, otherwise it may become too heavy or unbalanced to shoot accurately.

3. What materials are best for making a larger arrowhead?

The best materials for making a larger arrowhead are strong and lightweight, such as carbon fiber, aluminum, or titanium. These materials will ensure that the arrowhead is durable and does not add too much weight to the arrow.

4. Can I adjust the shape of the arrowhead to make it bigger?

Yes, the shape of the arrowhead can also impact its size. A larger arrowhead can be achieved by using a broadhead or a barbed head, which have wider cutting surfaces compared to a traditional field point.

5. Are there any safety concerns with using a larger arrowhead?

Yes, using a larger arrowhead can potentially cause more damage if it hits a person or animal. It is important to always practice proper archery safety and only use larger arrowheads for their intended purpose, such as hunting, and not for recreational target shooting.