How can I solve these GHZ, 3 qubit quantum state problems?

MattiaBosco
TL;DR Summary: I have spent all day on these 2 problems but i cannot solve them. Can somebody give me any clue on the solution?

Screenshot 2023-11-30 234835.png
Screenshot 2023-11-30 234904.png

Physics news on Phys.org
Moderator's note: Thread moved to advanced physics homework forum.

@MattiaBosco please post whatever relevant equations you have and what attempts you have made at a solution.

Related to How can I solve these GHZ, 3 qubit quantum state problems?

1. What is a GHZ state in the context of 3 qubits?

A GHZ (Greenberger-Horne-Zeilinger) state is a specific type of entangled quantum state involving three qubits. It is represented as |GHZ⟩ = (|000⟩ + |111⟩) / √2. This state exhibits strong quantum correlations and is used to test the foundations of quantum mechanics.

2. How do I represent a 3-qubit GHZ state mathematically?

The 3-qubit GHZ state can be mathematically represented as |GHZ⟩ = (|000⟩ + |111⟩) / √2. In Dirac notation, this means you have an equal superposition of the states |000⟩ and |111⟩, with a normalization factor of 1/√2 to ensure the total probability is 1.

3. What are the common methods to generate a GHZ state in a quantum computer?

To generate a GHZ state on a quantum computer, you can use a series of quantum gates. Typically, you start with all qubits in the |0⟩ state. Apply a Hadamard gate (H) to the first qubit to create a superposition. Then, use Controlled-NOT (CNOT) gates to entangle the first qubit with the second and third qubits. The sequence is usually H on qubit 1, followed by CNOT from qubit 1 to qubit 2, and then CNOT from qubit 1 to qubit 3.

4. How can I measure a 3-qubit GHZ state?

Measuring a 3-qubit GHZ state involves performing a quantum measurement on each qubit. In the computational basis, you will collapse the state into one of the basis states, either |000⟩ or |111⟩, with equal probability. The measurement outcome will provide insights into the entanglement properties of the GHZ state.

5. What are some applications of GHZ states in quantum computing and information?

GHZ states have several applications in quantum computing and quantum information. They are used in quantum error correction, quantum cryptography (such as quantum secret sharing), and tests of quantum nonlocality. GHZ states also play a crucial role in studying the fundamental aspects of quantum mechanics, such as demonstrating violations of local realism through Bell-type inequalities.