How Can New Members Thrive on Physics Forums?

• Thread starter Kirk Rensmeyer
  • Start date
In summary, some helpful tips for new members on Physics Forums include actively participating in discussions, using the search function before asking a question, providing clear and concise information when asking for help, and citing sources when sharing information. Additionally, it is important to maintain a respectful and positive attitude towards others, and to utilize the various resources and features available on the forum.
Kirk Rensmeyer
Hi,
My name is Kirk. I'm a lifelong physics student. I got a BA in Physics and Astronomy at the University of Kansas in 1970. I have worked in hospitals, been an electronics technician and worked for the EPA.
My ongoing interests are solar energy, recycling technology and relativity topics.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
That depends on the subject. Since I am just starting, I would just like to join the conversations. I do have a fairly basic question regarding one of your earlier threads on burning a piece of paper with a magnifying glass and sunlight.

Welcome to PF!

Members here shall surely help you out. Just post your question in the proper section, giving a link to the previous thread.

Also, prefer not to reply to your own thread before someone else does. Although it doesn't matter in the New Member Introduction forum, in other forums, if your thread is unanswered, it is likely that more number of people will have a look at your thread. If you have to add something, edit it in the first post, or call a mentor for help.

Explore the site, an you'll surely find many interesting things here.

With regards,
Wrichik.