How Can Retracing My Physics Education Enhance My Retirement?

• Thread starter countglockula
  • Start date
countglockula
This is the 50th anniversary of the first course of physics I ever took in college. I am now retired and have been casting about for a new hobby and have decided to retrace the path of my scientific and technical education, beginning with the core of mathematics and physics.

My career was in computing, ranging from early (1960's) mainframe design and programming to the recent 'smart boards' such as the Arduino and Raspberry Pi. My time was spent equally designing architecture and peripheral interfaces, as well as systems level and applications programming. While I specialized in the computing arena, I want to expand my knowledge to broader areas now that I have the time to do so.

Glad to be here...

Ron (Countglockula)

Physics news on Phys.org
countglockula said:
I am now retired and have been casting about for a new hobby and have decided to retrace the path of my scientific and technical education, beginning with the core of mathematics and physics.
Hi countglockula, welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll find a niche of interest among the many forums and sub-forums here. Spend time perusing past posts so you get a good picture of what each is about.
Physics Forums may well play a part in a fulfilling retirement. http://thumbnails112.imagebam.com/37333/0363e9373324851.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Greg Bernhardt
Back