How can we prevent spam and maintain a productive scientific community?

• Thread starter Curiose
  • Start date
In summary, preventing spam and maintaining a productive scientific community can be achieved through various measures such as implementing strict guidelines for publication, utilizing advanced spam filtering technology, and promoting ethical practices among researchers. It is also important for scientists and journals to collaborate and share information on potential spam activities in order to identify and prevent future instances. By taking these steps, the scientific community can maintain its integrity and credibility while also protecting valuable research and publications from being compromised by spam.
Curiose
Hello everyone. I hope to have a great time with you here on the forum and learn a lot. I think communities like this are the ones that truly drive worldwide scientific inspiration and lines of questioning and amplifies the magnitude of anyone line of study ;)

Physics news on Phys.org
I am not very highly experienced in formal mathematical notation. I tend to express and concepts more through programming languages. I know many languages and have even built some of my own. I'm very interested in machine learning, multi agent systems (MAS), and overall the exploration of consciousness and intelligence.

I can do some mathematical notation, and if not, pseudocode or direct scripts I can post.

I have projects which I definitely want to share here, but I might not always know the best place to post about them or how to go about presenting them in a way that everyone can understand exactly what it is I'm doing.

Any pointers for interacting with this community given my disposition?

Curiose said:
I have projects which I definitely want to share here
They have both been approved. We need time to review. It's usually best to message me before posting. We often get a lot of spam so new members posting links to projects seems suspicious.

Greg Bernhardt said:
They have both been approved. We need time to review. It's usually best to message me before posting. We often get a lot of spam so new members posting links to projects seems suspicious.

Ah, yes, the continuous battle against spam :) It's like cosmic radiation, just keeps bombarding the atmosphere every day.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know there was even an approval process. I will let you know in the future when I make a new thread about a project of mine.