How can you solve an electric force problem with vectors?

In summary, electric force is a fundamental force of nature that describes the attraction or repulsion between two charged objects, and it is calculated using Coulomb's law. The unit of electric force is Newton (N), and the direction of electric force depends on the charges of the objects. Some real-life applications of electric force include operating electronic devices, generating electricity, and functioning of the human nervous system.
ASiCaRiO

Homework Statement

http://imageshack.us/a/img145/3799/img0302ok.jpg

Homework Equations

f=k*q1q2/r^2

The Attempt at a Solution

i just don't know how to start i just need a hint and i will do the rest

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Draw vectors representing the individual forces the other charges exerte on qo. The vector sum of these vectors has to be zero.

ehild

FAQ: How can you solve an electric force problem with vectors?

1. What is electric force?

Electric force is a fundamental force of nature that describes the attraction or repulsion between two charged objects. It is caused by the interactions between the electric charges of the objects.

2. How is electric force calculated?

Electric force is calculated using Coulomb's law, which states that the force between two charged objects is directly proportional to the product of their charges and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.

3. What is the unit of electric force?

The unit of electric force is Newton (N), which is the same unit used to measure other types of forces such as gravity or friction.

4. How does the direction of electric force depend on the charges of the objects?

The direction of electric force depends on the charges of the objects. Like charges (positive-positive or negative-negative) repel each other, while opposite charges (positive-negative or negative-positive) attract each other.

5. What are some real-life applications of electric force?

Electric force has many real-life applications, such as in the operation of electronic devices, generation of electricity, and functioning of the human nervous system. It is also used in industrial processes, such as electroplating and electrostatic painting.

Back