How did you become a design engineer before finishing your degree?

In summary, becoming a design engineer before finishing a degree typically involves gaining practical experience through internships, co-op programs, or self-directed projects. This can help develop skills and a portfolio that can impress potential employers and lead to job opportunities in the field. Networking and building relationships with professionals in the industry can also be beneficial for securing a position as a design engineer without a completed degree. Additionally, continuously learning and staying up-to-date on industry trends and technologies is crucial for success in this field.
DesignEngineer
Hello,
I recently have been hired on as a design engineer and I haven't finished my mechanical engineering degree yet (still have 1.5 years).
I hope I can provide some assistance on this forum while also soaking up some knowledge myself!
This has been a great resource thus far.

Thanks,

-Montana

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum Montana!

DesignEngineer said:
I recently have been hired on as a design engineer and I haven't finished my mechanical engineering degree yet (still have 1.5 years).
Impressive! We won't ask for the details yet on how you managed that... :biggrin:

http://pop.h-cdn.co/assets/15/20/1600x800/landscape-1431629947-marty-delorean.jpg
landscape-1431629947-marty-delorean.jpg

Attachments

• landscape-1431629947-marty-delorean.jpg
    landscape-1431629947-marty-delorean.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 117