How Did You Score on Commonly Confused Words?

In summary, this conversation is about a person who took an English vocabulary test and scored highly on all levels, even though they struggled with grammar and spelling in the past. They attribute their success to their dedication to learning and improving their understanding of the English language. They also mention spending a lot of time editing their writing to make it more coherent.
I wasn't going to sign up, but dduardo and everyone else said "make something up you dingbat"

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
I wasn't going to sign up, but dduardo and everyone else said "make something up you dingbat"
Oh, that's who it was! Yeah, thanks dduardo, another place to waste too much of my time. :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
I could've sworn Chroot already signed up ages ago and was the one who told me to just make up stuff on the registration. I guess I'm confused about that now.

I probably did sign up ages ago with fake information.. or perhaps I just used BugMeNot. Either way, I no longer know what fake info I used! :smile: I thought 40/40 was my score, and there was no reason to sign up at all. I guess I'll have to go make some other fake info up.

- Warren

Why is there a need to make up any fake info at all? Am I the only one that is asked only for Age and Gender?

And email address, yes?

- Warren

I was never forced to enter an e-mail address.

edit... I just went through the whole test again, just choosing whatever, and I scored higher on expert than I had when I actually tried :smile: Also, I was never asked for an e-mail address. Everyone does realize that they can take the test (and view the results) without entering a "screenname" right?

Last edited:
Yay.

English Genius
You scored 100% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 86% Expert!
You did so extremely well, even I can't find a word to describe your excellence! You have the uncommon intelligence necessary to understand things that most people don't. You have an extensive vocabulary, and you're not afraid to use it properly! Way to go!

The only one I missed was this one:

33. Please stay __________
a. a while
b. awhile
c. for a while
d. All of the above

and I don't really care that all three are acceptable. I just chose (c).

- Warren

Last edited:
You scored 92% Beginner, 92% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 60% Expert!

You scored higher than 0% on Beginner

You scored higher than 99% on Intermediate

You scored higher than 0% on Advanced

You scored higher than 99% on Expert

ah well...not too bad! :smile: