How Do I Customize Parameters in a Simulink Engine Model?

In summary: If the response is not what you expected, you may need to check your equations and make sure they are correct.In summary, to enter your own values in your Simulink engine model, you need to double click on the component you want to edit and enter the values in the parameters window. Make sure to check your equations if the model response is not what you expected.
Jones1987

Homework Statement

I am modelling an engine, I have attached a picture of my model. It is the basic engine model that comes with Simulink, with my attachments included.

My question is, how and where do I enter my own values? I'm pretty new to using Simulink, so I don't really know where to go.

When I run the model I get given a response. This is a single geared system, as I have to add multiple gears later, however I'm sure this response is not the correct result I want.

Homework Equations

Equations used for the wheel model; Thrust = (Omega_dot - Inertia) / Radius of wheel
Equation used for vehicle model; Accel = Thurst / Mass

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• Engine Model.png
    Engine Model.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 485
Physics news on Phys.org
The first thing you need to do is open the Simulink model. To do this you should double click on the .slx file. You should then see the model displayed, with all the components and connections between them. To enter your own values, you need to double click on the component that you wish to edit. This will bring up a window with all the parameters for the component. Here, you can enter the values that you want and then click OK to apply them. Once you have applied all the values you need, you can then run the model and view the response.

FAQ: How Do I Customize Parameters in a Simulink Engine Model?

1. What is Simulink?

Simulink is a tool used for modelling, simulating, and analyzing dynamic systems. It allows users to build and simulate complex systems using a block diagram approach.

2. What is engine modelling in Simulink?

Engine modelling in Simulink involves creating a mathematical representation of an engine and simulating its behavior under various operating conditions. This can include factors such as fuel consumption, emissions, and performance.

3. What are the benefits of using Simulink for engine modelling?

Using Simulink for engine modelling offers several benefits, including the ability to quickly and easily test different design configurations, accurately simulate real-world engine behavior, and analyze the impact of various parameters on performance.

4. How does Simulink handle the complexity of engine modelling?

Simulink handles the complexity of engine modelling by allowing users to break down the system into smaller, more manageable subsystems using blocks. This modular approach helps to reduce the complexity of the overall model and allows for easier debugging and troubleshooting.

5. Can Simulink be used for different types of engines?

Yes, Simulink can be used for modelling various types of engines, including gasoline, diesel, and hybrid engines. It also has the capability to incorporate different engine components, such as turbochargers, exhaust systems, and cooling systems, into the model for a more comprehensive analysis.