How Do I Derive Equation 2 from Equation 1 in Physics?

• Thread starter mazz1801
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a question on the forces of contact between two blocks on a smooth table. The person only needs help understanding how to get from equation 1 to equation 2, which involves a simple math calculation. The equations involve the masses of the two blocks and the force.
mazz1801

Homework Statement

This is in a written example of some lecture notes that I have.
Is in the middle of a question about the forces of contact between two blocks on a smooth table.
I don't need help with the rest of the question.

I just want to know how to get from equation 1 below to equation 2.
Is it some math shortcut that I am unaware of or am I missing out on some calculations

Homework Equations

F(1-(m1/m1+m2))

Goes to

(m2/m1+m2)F

Physics news on Phys.org
Don't worry, it's simple math calculation:##F(1-\frac{m_1}{m_1+m_2})=F(\frac{m_1+m_2-m_1}{m_1+m_2})=F(\frac{0+m_2}{m_1+m_2})##which then becomes:##F(\frac{m_2}{m_1+m_2})## or can be written as ##(\frac{m_2}{m_+m_2})F##

Thank you so much! :)

FAQ: How Do I Derive Equation 2 from Equation 1 in Physics?

1. What does "help me understand" mean?

"Help me understand" is a phrase used to ask for clarification or further explanation of something that is confusing or unclear. It is a polite way of expressing a need for assistance in comprehending a concept or situation.

2. How do I respond to someone who says "help me understand"?

When someone says "help me understand," it is best to respond by asking them what specific aspect they are struggling to understand. This will allow you to provide a more targeted and helpful response.

3. Why is it important to ask for help in understanding something?

Asking for help in understanding something allows you to gain a deeper understanding of the subject and avoid any potential misunderstandings. It also shows a willingness to learn and a recognition of your own limitations, which can lead to personal and professional growth.

4. How can I effectively communicate my need for understanding?

To effectively communicate your need for understanding, it is important to be specific and clear about what you are struggling to comprehend. Use active listening techniques, such as summarizing and asking questions, to ensure that the other person understands your perspective.

5. Is it okay to say "help me understand" in a professional setting?

Yes, it is perfectly acceptable to use the phrase "help me understand" in a professional setting. It shows a willingness to learn and a desire for clear communication, which are important qualities in any workplace.