How do I integrate this equation?

• Thread starter vorcil
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integrate
In summary, the limits of integration depend on the problem and can be determined by looking at the boundaries of the region or object being integrated over. The method for integration also depends on the form of the equation and it is important to carefully analyze and choose the appropriate method. If unsure, it is helpful to review fundamental rules and seek guidance from resources or experts. To check the answer, one can take the derivative or use online tools. Computer programs can also be used for integration, but it is important to understand the rules and apply them correctly.
vorcil
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/4568/integral3.jpg

I can see how to get to

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/3193/integral1.jpg

but I'm not sure how the integral works

I can integrate normal linear equations, trigonometric equations ect..

someone please show me qualitatively

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
[tex]F_x(x, 0)[/tex] means the [tex]x[/tex]-component of [tex]\mathbf{F}[/tex] at the point [tex](x, 0)[/tex]. Since [tex]\mathbf{F}(x, y) = (y, 2x)[/tex], you compute [tex]\mathbf{F}(x, 0) = (0, 2x)[/tex], therefore [tex]F_x(x, 0) = 0[/tex]. The computation of [tex]F_y(1, y)[/tex] is similar.

FAQ: How do I integrate this equation?

1. How do I determine the limits of integration?

The limits of integration typically depend on the specific problem you are trying to solve. You can determine the limits by looking at the boundaries of the region or object being integrated over. In some cases, you may need to use additional information or equations to determine the limits.

2. What method should I use to integrate this equation?

The method for integration depends on the form of the equation and the type of integral. Some common methods include substitution, integration by parts, and trigonometric substitution. It is important to carefully analyze the equation and choose the most appropriate method for the specific problem.

3. What should I do if I am unsure of how to approach an integral?

If you are unsure of how to integrate a particular equation, it is always helpful to review the fundamental rules of integration and try to simplify the equation as much as possible. You can also seek guidance from textbooks, online resources, or consult with a fellow scientist or instructor.

4. How can I check my answer to ensure it is correct?

One way to check your answer is to take the derivative of your integrated equation and see if it matches the original equation. You can also use online tools or calculators to verify your answer. It is always important to double-check your work to avoid errors.

5. Can I use a computer program to integrate this equation?

Yes, there are many computer programs and software that can help you integrate an equation. These programs often use numerical methods to approximate the solution, which can be useful for complex or difficult integrals. However, it is still important to understand the fundamental rules of integration and apply them appropriately.

Back