How do I use PSpice to complete Part C of my assignment due today?

• Thread starter Judas543
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pspice
In summary, the conversation is about a homework assignment involving Pspice and LT Spice. The person is seeking help with Part C of the assignment and is unsure of the correct answer. They are advised to use LT Spice's "DC sweep" option to name a voltage source and choose the range of voltages to sweep over in order to obtain a graph. The person is also advised to use their Cadence program or do a screen grab to save the graph.
Judas543
Pspice help due today!

Homework Statement

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/1407/pspice.png

Homework Equations

None that I know of

The Attempt at a Solution

What I need help on is Part C, I don't get what they want and what would be the correct answer? Please help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Judas543 said:

Homework Statement

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/1407/pspice.png

Homework Equations

None that I know of

The Attempt at a Solution

What I need help on is Part C, I don't get what they want and what would be the correct answer? Please help!

You have your graph of V1 and V2 as functions of Vin. Just plug in the numbers for the resistors and point out that the graph matches the calculation (mention a couple of the points on the graph).

Last edited by a moderator:

I have LT Spice, which may be different, but if you look in the "edit simulation command" window there might be a "DC sweep" option.

In this you can name a voltage source and choose the range of voltages you want it to sweep over.

If you have this, feed in your circuit and do a simulation and you will get a graph when you click on the points required. You can then grab this by doing a screen grab or using your Cadence program.

Related to How do I use PSpice to complete Part C of my assignment due today?

1. How do I use PSpice?

To use PSpice, you will need to first download and install the software. Once installed, you can open the program and begin creating a new project. From there, you can add components, connect them together, and run simulations to analyze your circuit.

2. Can I get help with PSpice?

Yes, there are many resources available to help you with PSpice. You can refer to the user manual or online tutorials for guidance. You can also join online communities or forums where experienced users can provide assistance and answer any questions you may have.

3. How accurate are PSpice simulations?

The accuracy of PSpice simulations depends on the accuracy of the models used for the components in your circuit. If the models are accurate, then the simulations will be as well. It is important to verify the accuracy of the models before relying on the simulation results.

4. Can PSpice simulate all types of circuits?

Yes, PSpice is capable of simulating various types of circuits, including analog, digital, and mixed-signal circuits. It can also simulate circuits with complex components, such as transistors and operational amplifiers.

5. What if I encounter errors while using PSpice?

If you encounter errors while using PSpice, first check your circuit for any potential errors or mistakes. If you are unable to identify the issue, you can refer to the PSpice documentation or seek help from online communities. It is also recommended to save your work frequently to avoid losing progress due to errors.