How Do Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Devices Transmit Digital Data?

In summary: If you get what kind of information I am asking then any other info or link to any brief article is really appreciated.In summary, the frequencies used for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are around 2.4GHz and these were chosen because they were free for experimentation. The data is converted into digital form and sent using clever techniques to reduce power and increase speed. MHz and GHz refer to the frequency of the signal, with M meaning million and G meaning billion.
niksng
Wi-Fi Wavelength??

First of all,, HI, everybody, I am Sonics from India I was searching on Wi-Fi modems and how other bluetooth enabled or wireless things work. I know that they catch some frequency and then convert it to something that is been sent on that wavelength but I don't know that how they work or on what kind of frequency they work?

I want to know :
1. How they convert data into digital things?
2. How they transfer and receive the digital data?
3. On what kind of frequency they are sent or received?
4. On what basis they(Wi-Fi) products have their range of catching the frequency?
5. What is the meaning of Mhz and Ghz, and how they can be used?
6. If you get what kind of information I am asking then any other info or link to any brief article is really appreciated.

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org

niksng said:
1. How they convert data into digital things?
The data is already digital things, the memory in your computer stores everything as a pattern of 0 and 1 - look up "binary"

2. How they transfer and receive the digital data?
Once the data is just 0 and 1 you can send it like morse code, make a beep for 1 and no beep for 0. In practice it's a lot more complicated than this and there are clever ways of sending patters to reduce the power needed and allow more data to be sent faster.

3. On what kind of frequency they are sent or received?
For wifi and bluetooth around 2.4Ghz,

4. On what basis they(Wi-Fi) products have their range of catching the frequency?
These frequencies were chosen because at the time nothing else used them. No big powerful TV or Radio or army tranmsitters used these frequencies so they were free for experiments with little low power radios like bluetooth

5. What is the meaning of Mhz and Ghz, and how they can be used?
Hz is "things per second" in radio the signal goes up and down like a wave many times per second. M means mega = 1 million and G means giga = 1 billion, it's easier to write 2.4GHz than 2 400 000 000. It's just like writing lakh or crore but science uses multiples of 1000

Related to How Do Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Devices Transmit Digital Data?

1. What is Wi-Fi wavelength?

Wi-Fi wavelength refers to the distance between two consecutive peaks or troughs of an electromagnetic wave that carries Wi-Fi signals. It is measured in meters (m) or nanometers (nm) and is inversely proportional to the frequency of the wave.

2. How does the wavelength affect Wi-Fi signal?

The wavelength of Wi-Fi signals can affect the strength and range of the signal. Generally, a shorter wavelength means a higher frequency and a stronger signal. However, shorter wavelengths also have a shorter range compared to longer wavelengths.

3. What is the typical wavelength of Wi-Fi signals?

The typical wavelength of Wi-Fi signals is around 12 centimeters (cm) or 2.4 gigahertz (GHz). This is a relatively short wavelength compared to other forms of electromagnetic radiation, such as radio waves.

4. How does Wi-Fi wavelength relate to Wi-Fi speed?

Wi-Fi wavelength does not directly affect Wi-Fi speed. Wi-Fi speed is determined by factors such as the strength of the signal, the number of devices connected, and the type of technology used. However, a shorter wavelength may allow for faster data transfer due to its higher frequency.

5. Can the Wi-Fi wavelength be changed?

No, the Wi-Fi wavelength is determined by the frequency of the electromagnetic wave. However, the frequency can be changed by adjusting the settings on your Wi-Fi router or by using different Wi-Fi technologies, such as 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz.